codes

anyone knows what the test codes on the odometer display mean on my 2002??? thanks

Reply to
VR

I'm sure someone does, otherwise...

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

In the grand scheme of things, codes retrieved using the "odometer trick" don't mean a damned thing.... Oh, there is a listing in the WSM (workshop manual) that lists out what each reading is referrign to, but there is no listing that tells us what is a "good" reading or what is a "bad" reading.... As a Ford tech, I am told that HotLine *may* ask me for one of these displays... they haven't yet...

What the odometer trick doesn't tell you is about anything other than the instrument cluster.... If you're hoping for a DTC from another module, forget it.... it don't happen.

FWIW.... you can use the "odometer trick" to amaze your friends and family.... just don't agonize over anything you might see while doing it. If I have a concern with any of the functions controlled by the HEC or ICM (hybrid electronic cluster or instrument cluster module... depends on the functions), the only way to perform accurate diagnostics is to use a scan tool capable of communicating with proprietary modules...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Got it, thank you JW

Reply to