Cold air intake kits

I am looking to add a cold air intake to my V6 01 stang. What are the best brands out there? Has anyone already added one on there mustang what are the benefits? And did you have any problems with instalation?

Thanks Squirrel

Reply to
Squirrel

Benefits? Looks good... performance? Nadda.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

I just installed one on my '04 V6. In terms of hp, Mike is right, not much for a V6....2-4 hp if you're lucky. I do feel an extra bit of jump off the line, but that's about it.....kinda similar to the quick throttle response you get when you first start up after a cold night (after all, it is cold air induction!). I bought a no-name brand off of eBay for about $30 + s&h, and in my opinion, it was well worth it. That extra jump is worth $30 and it also looks nice in the engine bay. Spending $100+ on a brand-name intake just won't make sense unless you're planning to add a few more mods to the air flow system (eg. new dual exhaust system or something). Even then, you may be paying too much for a 5-6 hp increase. So if you want my advice, go for a cheap eBay one.....you probably won't get the performance you want, but hey, at least it looks nice!

Oh and as far as installation is concerned.....nothing to it. Go to

for a walkthrough with pictures.

Just A Guy

Reply to
Just A Guy©