Coming home tomorrow

Awww, at long last. Well, not that long, but it has been a week or two.

Sent in for rebuild on alternator, and it fried. This we did 3 times. Finally, a 3G went on and it works just fine. Kinda odd I thought, but I only had to pay $95 for the 3G, so that is okay.

Then it went to another garage for the heater core. I love this guy, he is extremely fast and cheap. I dropped it on a Friday though, so that is why it took extra long. I could have picked it up today but will get it tomorrow. $259 for the parts and labor.

New ignition cylinder/mechanism. $20. You actually need a key to start the car now.

When my main mechanic gets moved into his new shop next month, his body guy is going to tackle the Mustang for me. I am owed work for damage done by an un-secure hood while test driving a new clutch setup.

Then it is off to be painted. Nothing fancy, just to pretty her up for a year or two...or maybe to sell.

Damn near everything is new or less than 5k miles on it. That goes for the engine and tranny as well. I think I am going to stick with the $4400-$4900 range. That is a fair asking price for down here.

Oh well, it will be fun to drive her tomorrow. I hope the streets are dry.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper