compare twin screw superchargers

Considering putting a twinscrew supercharger on 2006 mustang 4.6. After doing a internet search I see that, keeping oranges oranges that Roush, Kenne Bell, Whipple seem to make a similar product and price. Does anyone have a suggestion of one of the other. I am not into drag racing just looking into midrange power

Reply to
cascadas

You may want to take a look at Paxton.

Reply to
goodnigh

suggestions on why you like that product?

Reply to
cascadas

I would get a Kenne Bell setup. They put a lot of effort into developing their kits and the hp/tq claims they advertise are usually spot on to what you will actually see on your car. They also take great pains to get the programming of the computer right and will reburn the chips for free if something isn't quite right. They also provide excellent support for their products.

I'm not saying the other brands you mentioned are bad just that I know Kenne Bell products are very good. I have been using a Kenne Bell Blowzilla /Flowzilla setup on my '89 LX for several years so I am a little biased toward them for that reason.

BTW, if you are looking for low/mid range power then the twin screw is the right choice. They deliver their full rated boost from just off idle to the red line. They also deliver as much high rpm horsepower as a centrifugal at the same psi levels. Their power delivery is silky smooth and throttle response is unbelievable. You will think there is a

500+ cubic inch, high revving V-8 under the hood.
Reply to
Michael Johnson

Paxton doesn't make any blower that will come close to producing the low/mid rpm power he wants like a twin screw can deliver. Centrifugals can produce a lot hp but it is only above 4,500-5,000 rpm level. A driver can enjoy the power from a twin screw under at driving conditions and in all gears. To get power from a centrifugal, and you can, you have to drive the car like you stole it. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson

It is what my mechanic wants me to put on the M-code Cleveland. He regrets selling me the vehicle and hopes to buy it back someday. That is good enough for me and yes, I sometimes drive it like it was stolen.

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

Thank you- I think it is down to Kenne Bell or Whipple

Reply to
cascadas

Better choice for your vehicle and thank you for the lesson :)

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

no brainer, twinscrew far better with all the low end torque, I have an 8# KB on a 5.0 1993, daily driver for 10 years, just a blast. At 1500 RPM and it has 7# of boost. check into getting it tuned too, you don't want to be lean with any supercharger

Reply to
Nomen Lapetos

Do you get ANY traction with that car???? I'm curious. I might go the same way this summer.

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks