convertible top

This might sound stupid but here goes anyway. I was trying to figure out what the stock convertible top is made of on a '98 cobra. Is it vinyl, or canvas, or? Does anybody have any helpful hints on taking care of it. Your help would be much appreciated as I am a fanatic about keeping my car looking good at all times, and I mean all times. lol Thanks, Cobraboy

Reply to
Cobra Boy

'95 and up mustangs OEM were sailcloth vinyl.

Reply to
Richard

Hey CB, What color is your top?

Reply to
SVTKate

Reply to
Cobra Boy

Boy, that poor little thing had been sadly neglected. Looks like it needed some real love and you are just the guy to do it.

You are actually really lucky that you have a black top. Mine was white, and it was a mistake. But, live and learn!

I found a couple of things that worked really well for me. One was Simple Green and a soft brush. Hated the smell so I switched to Greased Lightening and it worked like a champ too, with a soft brush BUT with either, they will strip your wax. And on that little black trim strip around the back ot the top by the deck lid, it will get spots from the cleaners removing whatever has accumulated on it.

You can probabaly figure how I know this.

SOmething I tried, in my efforts to keep my top looking good was those Mr Clean Magic Eraser pads. Little white things that look like sponges but you use only with water. They work like a million bucks! Good on bugs too in the front and get specks off of your stove top. So, for the last little while I was using those to get the hard stuff and car wash (Meguiars) and a bristle brush. Because yours is black, you may be able to use a vinyl treatment (Meguiars again has some good stuff) on it to make it look all pretty again. Experiment, you can always wash it off!

*hee hee* "Liberty Girl."

Yea, I have been trying to think of a new nick but man it's HARD!

Reply to
SVTKate

Reply to
Cobra Boy