Convertible Top

Getting an 07 GT, is there any benefit or disadvantage to the cloth top over the vinyl one.

Reply to
steve

I think they will both be leaking about the same age....

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Interesting you should say that. I was just talked into a canvas top for CFrog. Like the man said, canvas doesn't crack or peel, like the vinyl.

Can't wait to see it... For the added cost, the canvas should be able to wash itself.

dwight

dwight

Vista Blue with a tan top - nice combination.

I've got the '93 GT, blue with titanium ground effects. I'm trying to match that titanium in the new roof (rather than the current black), and the slightly darker grey boot cover. The new top will be "slightly" darker grey than the plastic cladding, but I hope not so much darker that it doesn't work.

Will post pictures when all is done. I'm waiting now for the call, when the materials come in and we can get started.....

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Actually, mine is the '05 with Sonic Blue w/tan top. Love the color combo!

-PJ

Reply to
PJ

at 30 Nov 2006, PJ [ snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

On that note, do 05 Mustangs have cloth or vinyl tops. I'm hearing conflicting stories. Some say vynil, other say cloth. The user manual does not appear to state it either. That or I'm going senile in my old age.

Anybody have the definitive anser on a 05 v6 mineral grey convertible with black top? thanks

Reply to
Paul

Sorry to say it could have either. I beleive the '05 v6 had canvas IF it was a "Premium" Convert. The premium has the "My Color" 120 color dash lighting as well.

But the canvas looks totally like "boat canvas" and wears great! H>at 30 Nov 2006, PJ [ snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com] wrote in

Reply to
PJ

at 04 Dec 2006, PJ [ snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Mine is a premium with My Color (which was oen of the reasons to go that route) and it feels like canvas. Guess I have to call the 1-800 ford number and see if they can help. Thanks

I need the info as work is relocating and we'll lose our covered parking. Want to treat my top wwith 303 aerospace protectant to make it stand up better. But that stuff comes in a vinyl and a cloth version.

Reply to
Paul