convertible top manual? adjustments? (late model)

Is anyone here familiar with late model Stang convertible top adjustments? I have a bad rattling sound coming from one side.. I have located the part that is rattling and removed it. This part, called a "link", has an eyelet with a brass bushing which sits in the eyelet. The brass bushing fits very loosely inside the link eyelet, allowing the link arm to rattle around when you hit bumps. I brought the part to Ford to ask for a replacement, but they told me to reinstall the part and bring the car in so that a qualified technician can determine if that's really the problem. One guy suggested that the fact the bushing fits loosely may NOT be the problem, and that it may be an issue of adjustment. I guess in theory if something were adjusted so that there was always pressure against this bushing, then it would not rattle... but I cannot seem to figure out how to adjust anything to make this happen. If the part weren't so expensive ($71.00), I'd just buy a new one, swap it in and see if that was the trouble. But I'll let Ford take care of it being that the car is under warrantee. I just hate to bring the car in and leave it, etc... I have always had bad experiences when I take my car somewhere and leave it... car always comes back in worse shape then before... this is why I do all my own work if and when humanly possible. If anyone has any info regarding this vert top "link", I appreciate any info you can share. Thanks.

Reply to
GT-Vert-03

Walt