Coolant Level Sensor

My coolant level sensor in the coolant reservoir has burned out...

Anyone know the bestest, cheapest way to replace it?

Thanks!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Forrester

Yea, mine too. I've been keeping my eye out at the local salvage yards (LSY) for a good one but they're either already taken or destroyed. I'd like to know another ford I can find this part in. :) Anyone?

Mark

Reply to
Mark C.

Mark,

I sent a post to this NG and to alt.autos.ford to see if anyone could add some insight into your question.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Forrester

Thank's. Any word yet?

Reply to
Mark C.

Here is want I found...

  1. Many parts on the 90-93 Mustang are the same as on the Capri
  2. Many parts on the 302 engines cross model lines
  3. Tim, the Mustang Guy,
    or snipped-for-privacy@aol.com is always willing to help one-on-one.
  4. The Hollander Manual is another excellent resource

Good luck!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Forrester

Did you call your local auto-parts store ? These sensors can't be that expensive.. are they ????

Rein

$80

Reply to
Steve Forrester

wow.. steep indeed. Is that the Ford dealer price ?

Rein

Yes...

Reply to
Steve Forrester

Try your usual car parts store. Usually cheaper, and I've had it several times that it was the exact same module with a different sticker on it.

Rein