Coolant vapour

Guys, I'm getting coolant vapour from the defroster on my 93GT.

System is good, all new hoses, no leaks, pressure tested 100%, but light smell of antifreeze. Please don't say heater core. Please...

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

OK, I won't say it. But......

Reply to
.boB

If inexperienced and one plans to do it ones seff, how long should one plan? Three? Four? Five days?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

an afternoon, if you know what yer doing.

I looked into doing mine 93 5.0 got some books on the car, and found out you have to take the dash off, remove the black plastic case, cut it open and heat glue it back together, so I took it to the dealership. The case looked like a real bitch to take apart and put back together.

You can bypass the heater core at the firewall and check again, but it would take a while to clear out what is left in the heater core. Or check for green fuild inside or outside below the heatercore. You dont want to breath in much of that stuff, 1/2 hour tops. (everybody has to replace heater core!)

Reply to
C. Humley