Cooling fan switch

MustangGuy ROCKS btw... I told him about my recent problems w/ the radiator fan not working when it should (CCRM) & he helped me non-stop. The final solution (I will get a CCRM from him when I have time to pull the sucker out) was to create a manual override switch. Now I control exactly when the fan goes on & when the fan goes off w/ a simple switch. All the wiring was hidden underneath my carpet (not just the mats, but the actual carpet). It took exactly 45 minutes to do & I've never done anything like it before--total beginner in that aspect. The URL is

(thanksMustangGuy for showing it to me) for those who may be interested. Total costwas $20.xx at RadioShack... but I bought best quality everything. Justthought I'd share that in case anybody else was interested.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I'm glad you made a temporary fix. When my radiator was leaking like crazy, I went ahead and disconnected the temp sensor so the computer will keep the fan turning (on the high side) to be on the safe side. This was on my 95. As soon as I got a new rad, plugged the temp sensor back up and all was well.

Reply to
RioRedGT

Hehe.. I'm quite happy with it. It would overheat w/ the A/C on after 5 mins of idling.. I let her idle for 2 hours & whewy she was happy as can be (coooooool.. no overheating!).

-Mike

Reply to
<memset