Cost effective to convert 4cyl to 8cyl?

Would it be worth the issues/costs of converting a 4 cyl to an 8 cyl or just buying the 8 first?

89 Mustang LX.
Reply to
TC

Too much to be worth it. Running gear, suspension, brakes, exhaust and electrical, I probably missed a few things. Like others have posted already, a unique, hot rodded 4 cyl. can be pretty cool

Reply to
GILL

Not unless you derive an inordinate amount of pleasure from the process of first hunting down the parts, and then doing all the work, and there will be lots of it....

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Depends on what your goal is. If you're looking for an easy upgrade to a more fun street machine, then the answer is a resounding "NO". Lots of work, lots of expense. And you end up with essentially a stock vehicle that has cost you twice it's book value. Simply trading vehicles is generally cheaper, and it's a whole lot easier.

OTOH, if you're building a drag strip or (better yet) a road course warrier, then a 4cyl car is a good place to start. You'll end up replacing most of the factory parts anyway. Might as well start out with a less expensive shell that you already own.

Reply to
.boB

On 24 May 2007 16:50:54 GMT, "TC" wrote something wonderfully witty:

All depends, are you a devotee of the Marquis De Sade?

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

I have read this before. Can the 2.3L be adequately hot-rodded? A good balance of power and reliabilty?

Reply to
TC

I Googled this in like, two seconds.

yeah, the SVO was a pretty quick little car. And they are still around. :)

Reply to
GILL

"TC" wrote in news:4656b9a8$0$4660 $ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

One good answer - turbo.

Reply to
elaich

I don't know how much gas is where you live, but I'm wondering if it would be worth the cost of converting a 8 cyl to a 4 cyl !!!

wabbitslayer

01 GT vert
Reply to
wabbitslayer

google "motion dynamics", they specialize in svo 2.3L turbo race cars

Reply to
harry

Maybe if you drive it for 30 years...

Reply to