dash lighst 01 GT

Hey guys my 01 Gt's dash lights have a short or something. the guy I bought it from put white face gauges kit in it and sometimes the back lighting goes out, now the needles still work and are still lit and you can see them but the back lighting is gone them you can drive it for awhile or sometime kill the car and restart it and they work just fine. I'm suspecting a ground problem but want to check it out with you guys and see if I'm missing something. it's not the dimmer switch because the lights in the needles still dim and brighten just fine the radio still brightens fine as well.

Reply to
Defiant

lmfao

NEVER underestamate the dimmer switch check for heat

the printed circuit is not the best check at plugs

focktard

hurc ast

Reply to
formoco

good point..though and i did check and no heat and the lights come on even when the headlights are off, just when you start the car they come on then even in daylight and sometimes they don't come on. they come on even if you don't have the headlights on or not. Kinda weird setup if you ask me looks cool, but strange.

ok, that was my next move was to look and see if i have a plug or a bad contact.

Reply to
Defiant