Decided on a 2006 GT "leftover"....

I pondered over and over again about a ragtop V6 OR a hard top GT and after much soul searching I am going for the GT hardtop, unless I find an extremely sweet deal on a rag top GT, which is unlikely.

I am finding these things all over the place on the lots so evidently they are not selling as well as I thought, or maybe people are waiting for the

2007 in orange :)

Any advice on packages that are a waste? What are must have packages?

I need automatic :(

Bargaining tips?

(I always bargain up from invoice, but have never purchased a Ford before)

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Wendy

Reply to
wendy

Any package that doesn't add any power!

None of them strike me as *must haves*.

Autos are good for dailys and drag cars!

Either start below invoice and work on up, or start at invoice and work down. If it's leftover stock, they should want it *gone*.

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Moseman

IMHO:

  1. The Shaker 1000 package at 95 is a waste of money... Shaker 500 is 'perfect' for my needs.

  1. The Charcoal interior with the Red accent is 'ugly' ..... (I miss the red stripe black buckets, and the red floormat inserts in my 69 Mach I tho'.) I just think they over-did the red on this one. Also, stay away from the lighter interiors, my 2000 had a parchment interior and it was a b*tch to keep clean...

  1. The stripes are not worth the 0 in most cases. But, I believe they are a 'must have' on the Screaming Yellow.

  1. Interior Upgrade to get the satin aluminum dash panels is a 'must have'. Makes the cheap plastic used throughout look 'less' cheap. But the MyColor gauges are a novelty that once you play with it for a few times, you will find your color and never change it again. I do like the basic dash computer..

Should Haves, or my wish I coulda list: The GTs should have an option for a Shaker hood.. I know there are after-market ones out there.. Would have been nice to be able to get one directly from the factory though. The hood looks stamped already to accept one, maybe it will be offered in 07 or 08...

SuperCharger as a factory-installed Option? (without having to go for the Cobra, that is..)

68-69 C-Stripes?

70 BOSS stripes?

Multiple tuning presets, selectable at the dash for: Performace, Economy, Drag, etc..

Optional rear-axle ratios..

Flat/tube roll/light bar ala 68-70 Shelby verts...

Sequential Tail Lights

Honey-Combed rear tail-panel blackouts..

Oh, I saw the 'Grabber Orange' on a lot in PA.. Not for me... I wish they brought back 'Grabber Green' instead...

Just some random thoughts.. I know a lot of this stuff can be had after-market/third-party.. Would have been nice to drive it off the lot with some of these items though...

You should have better luck negotiating the sticker price for an automatic. Where I am at, all GT verts with leather and 5-speed are selling for a few grand over sticker... The automatics, the dealers were willing to talk. This is the first GT i have purchased with an Automatic and I am quite satisfied with it.. Pretty tight, not loose and sloppy like the only other automatic I ever owned.. (73 Mach I, 351c, c-6)

Tony

2006 GT Convertible (Premium) Satin Silver Dark Charcoal Leather Interior Upgrade Package Shaker 500
Reply to
tony

My advice here is to be willing to walk away if the deal they offer doesn't appeal to you. The dealers want you to be anxious for the car and hope you will cave in to their price and terms to get into a car that day. If necessary, go to more than a dozen dealers to get the price and terms (reasonable ones) you want.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

We picked up a Vista Blue GT premium with a manual gear box for 2% under invoice. I told the sales person I only had time to give him any information needed to title the vehicle and if I liked his offer I would be by later to give him a check. His first offer was not impressive but he saw me reaching for my keys so he offered me 2% below invoice and a $500 rebate because I was in the military at the time. Total time in the dealership was less then 15 minutes. BTW the car was just being delivered to the dealership when I bought it, so it wasn't something they were trying to get rid of.

Since the deal was sweet I sent a friend the next day and he got the same deal. This time the general manager had to approve it though.

So my advice is to have the money in hand or any financing in place before you walk in the door. Do your homework and know exactly what the invoice price is with the options you want.

Ace

Reply to
Ace

I was offered a similar deal on a GT/5-spd as well.. but I had my heart set on a convertible GT, and got a good deal on the 06GT/vert/Leather/Auto that I bought. But they did not seem to be willing to budge on the GT/Vert/Leather/5-spd combo... Best "deal" I found here was 2k over sticker.. and a horrible trade-in allowance for my old car.. Most were asking 3 to 4k over the sticker.. I checked out about 8 to 10 dealers in the Philly, Allentown, Reading, PA area..

The advice is sound. Know what you want, know what it costs, have financing lined up.. Be ready to 'walk away'.. It DID take a lot to say 'no' to the

06 Vista Blue, GT, convertible, 5 spd that I turned down... But it was not worth 3k over sticker.. and almost nothing given for the 2000 coupe I was trading in. IMO

Tony

Reply to
tony

Reply to
Hyundaisales

I guess I found the right color early.. I just don't have the time/interest to mess with it.. Mustang.

To each his own.. Enjoy it...

Reply to
tony

The above is a fine example of why I shouldn't be reading/replying to usenet at the office.. Interrupted+Scramble to finish = TYPO...

Reply to
tony

I agree, Ford can keep their oversized and priced Shaker 1000 sound system, I want my automatic temperature control...

Reply to
My Names Nobody