Designing Ultimate Mustang Calendar

Just picked up a new calendar for my office from Wally World. It's a Mustang calender from Ford. It's pretty good, but IMO not perfect. Here's the list of Mustangs featured:

'64 1/2 'vert '68 GT fastback '67 GTA fastback '69 Boss 429 '66 'vert '99 'vert '69 Mach 1 (slightly modified) '65 GT 'vert '89 5.0 LX & GT 'verts '69 Boss 302 '71 'vert & '73 'vert '05 GT

Reply to
NoOption5L

My comments.

Too many convertibles. I would dropthe 66 vert and add a 65 coupe. That is the essential original pony car. It should be represented.

Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

Just to add to the wish list, I'd say

68 Shelby GT-500KR

Fastest damn car I've ever riden in.... down right scarey :O

Dont for get the Pantera's or AC- Cobras !

Byron

04 GT Vert 40th Dark Shadow Grey

"> >

Reply to
DarkPony

Good choice.

Nope, sorry, it's a Mustang only calendar.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
NoOption5L

66 GT350H 67 Shelby GT500 69 Mach 1 70 Boss 429 87 Notchback 93 Cobra 96 Mystic Cobra 03 Cobra 93 Cobra R, 95 Cobra R, and 00 Cobra R on one page 01 Bullit 04 Mach 1 05 GT

These are the ones that make me hurt inside when I see someone driving one. Makes me wish Bill Gates really knew how much I loved him as the father I always wanted to have.

Seems to me someone could setup a site like Cafe Press that would custom make a calendar with whatever images you uploaded and then send it you for a small fee.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

wrote

*** snip!

| Now, here are one's I'd keep from their list: | | '68 GT fastback | '69 Boss 429 | '66 'vert | '89 5.0 LX (but in a notchback) | '69 Boss 302 | '05 GT | Here would be my additions: | '71 Boss 351 | '00 Cobra R | '01 Bullet | '04 Mach 1 | '98 Cobra

***** The SN95 Mustang is the MOST neglected when it comes to these things. I'm glad you would add it. I was really surprised the other cay when I picked up a coffee table book titled "Classic Convertibles" and saw a 98 Cobra as one of the cars listed there. I like your list allot better than theirs. It could be that they were too lazy to seek out the other cars or they had someone who had a fetish for certain types and a dislike for others.

Kate

| Do you agree with my 12 months or would you make additional changes? | Patrick | '93 Cobra | '83 LTD |

Reply to
SVTKate

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Simple solution... make it an academic calendar.

18 months.

Kate

| >'64 1/2 'vert | >'68 GT fastback | >'67 GTA fastback | >'69 Boss 429 | >'66 'vert | >'99 'vert | >'69 Mach 1 (slightly modified) | >'65 GT 'vert | >'89 5.0 LX & GT 'verts | >'69 Boss 302 | >'71 'vert & '73 'vert | >'05 GT | >

| >--- | >

| >Now, here are one's I'd keep from their list: | >

| >'68 GT fastback | >'69 Boss 429 | >'66 'vert | >'89 5.0 LX (but in a notchback) | >'69 Boss 302 | >'05 GT | >Here would be my additions: | >'71 Boss 351 | >'00 Cobra R | >'01 Bullet | >'04 Mach 1 | >'98 Cobra | >

| >There's my 12 months. You can see where my priorities lie. The | >modified, and the plain Jane convertibles get the hit. Also I tried to | >include a model from each general design/redesign and pick more | >significant models. | >

| >Others I could easily make a case for: | >

| >'04 Terminator | >'68 1/2 428 CJ | >'65 Shelby GT350 | >

| >Do you agree with my 12 months or would you make additional changes? | >Patrick | >'93 Cobra | >'83 LTD | | Hey! Spikey Likes IT! | 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok | Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior | Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" | w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16

Reply to
SVTKate

protos).

I agree. So here's latest new ultimate calander draft:

1 '67 GT fastback (in dark green) 2 '69 Boss 429 3 '64.5 'vert 4 '89 5.0 LX (but in a notchback) 5 '69 Boss 302 6 '05 GT 7 '71 Boss 351 8 '00 Cobra R 9 '65 Shelby GT350 10 '04 Mach 1 11 '98 Cobra 12 ?

Switched the '68 GT fastback for a '67 to get the original Bullit car. Switched the '66 'vert for an original '64.5. Stuck in a Shelby GT350 in place of the '01 Bullit.

Now we just need a December car. Do we put the '01 Bullit back in, or do we go with an '04 Terminator or a 68.5 CJ car? Trying to keep the old and new models would mean a late model pick. But then adding another late model means we have a lot "New Edge" Mustangs. So what about a '71 Mach? Or a '85.5 SVO? A '94 Indy Pace car? A 95 GTS 5.0? A '68 GT/CS car? Or another Shelby car? What's the call?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
NoOption5L

Whoa, where you going??? Back to 68 for the Bullitt model year. Make that Highland Green in parenthesis and that's Bullitt with two Ts. Wassamattawichew??

So be it.

01 Bullitt owners might forgive if you correct the original model year and spelling. :-0

Wouldn't make sense without a BB FE. My December vote is a Wimbledon White '69 428CJ Q-code coupe sleeper with plain dog dish style hubcaps. No frills and no other options. Just plain raw H/P from the almighty coiled under and waiting to strike deadly venom on its next stoplight prey. Now THAT would end the year on a pavement pounding, rip-roaring, rubber burning, screaming high friggin performance note....SSSMOKIN.

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

I would have to add the 85' GT. Some consider it to be the best of the late model Mustang.

Reply to
Lance

I agree, or better yet, make a 41 month calendar and represent them all. Theres a first time for everything right?

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan West

Lance opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

  1. It is a significant model, but the 86 is MORE significant, unless "looks" is the determinant factor.
  2. Who is that "Some"?

- Please reply so I know who to ignore in future... can i pencil you in?

;)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Does it say "Mustang Muscle" on the calendar?

If it does, all well and good; ignore the rant

If it DOESNT, and it speaks to Mustang Significa, you have to AT LEAST include ONE "secretary car" whether you like it or not!

A 66 Six cylinder Convertible would fit the bill nicely.

I seem to have to remind you guys, periodically, WHY it is you have a pony platform to fool around with!

And why there's no '05 Camabird!

My PERSONAL PREFERENCES say that the SVO is ALSO significant.

If for no other reason than it showed that the Fox could be made to handle well on the cheap.

So it's obvious that at least a 24 month is needed or the publishers need to continue the series next year without duplication

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Backyard Mechanic opined in news:Xns95DB817779FFABkMch6d@207.115.63.158:

Might's well head you off - yes, i read "ultimate"... but my ISSUE is that there's a starting point.

Ultimate is much more subjective... you'd have to include everything up to the trans-Am'er's wouldnt you? Where do you stop?

I'm just saying "significant' to the breed. Have no problem with mostly muscle/performance.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

And one more little thing.

I think that if there will be models posing with the cars then there should be both male and female models. Not just the silicone sisters sprawled all over the hoods ruining the view of a perfectly good car. If the view must be restricted by some-body, there should be men there too.

I just hate it when the ruin a perfectly good photo of a nice car by sprawling some floosy all over it. It especially makes me cringe and shudder when I see one of those 6" spike heels wedged on the hood so that the gal can get more traction.

Personally....... I'd rather just have the cars and leave the people out of it.

Kate

| >If it does, all well and good; ignore the rant | >

| >If it DOESNT, and it speaks to Mustang Significa, you have to AT LEAST | >include ONE "secretary car" whether you like it or not! | >

| >A 66 Six cylinder Convertible would fit the bill nicely. | >

| >I seem to have to remind you guys, periodically, WHY it is you have a pony | >platform to fool around with! | >

| >And why there's no '05 Camabird! | >

| >My PERSONAL PREFERENCES say that the SVO is ALSO significant. | >

| >If for no other reason than it showed that the Fox could be made to handle | >well on the cheap. | >

| >So it's obvious that at least a 24 month is needed or the publishers need to | >continue the series next year without duplication | | Hey! Spikey Likes IT! | 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok | Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior | Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" | w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16

Reply to
SVTKate