Did any Mustang ever, even a prototype, come with a 427?

I've always heard rumours that some might have, but I've never seen any proof.

Reply to
Rich

Oh, yes. I don't have exact figures in front of me, but I'm GUESSING that 1968 was your best chance of owning a 427 Mustang. There was always a shortage of 427s, so there were a lot more 428 Mustangs built than 427 Mustangs. Maybe somebody will post actual numbers here and correct me where I'm wrong.

Reply to
Kruse

The question is what kind of 427. All were rare installs but one I believe is very small or even mythical. I don't remember the details any longer.

Reply to
Brent

1968 Shelby GT500 could be had with a side oiler, I believe. I have seen a couple of SOHC Mustangs at Knotts Berry Farm in Buena Park, CA., but I don't think any ever came stock with that 427.
Reply to
GILL

GILL wrote in news:i8gqb5$agj$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal- september.org:

That would be one costly GT500, moreso than the regular ones. Thanks to those who answered the question.

Reply to
Rich

1968 engine code W = 427-4V
Reply to