Didjaknow

I recently bought a 2004 left over mustang for my 79 year old Mother (She chose whatever car she wanted) She is having a bit of difficulty seeing the speedometer in bright sunshine and wanted the white face gauges like in my Thunderbird. No problem, Ford sells the part, yea its expensive, but mom will only be driving one or two years, and I ride with her every few weeks to check her driving. go to my friendly Ford dealer ready to plop down over $300, and guess what I'm told? Changing from black face gauges to white face gauges is a modification and could void the warrantee. It's only a inert inactive piece of plastic white vs. black. I was told that upgrading my wife's mustang from 16 in wheels to 17 in would also void the warrantee even if I bought the Bullett wheels from Ford, and used the same size tires as on the GT. Called Customer Service at Ford, guess what? It's true. Ain't this a great country or what.....

Reply to
Craig Shaffer

BS Based on their logic, changing the color of your floor mats would void the warranty. Ain't going to happen. I believe it's well established that the modification has to have a casual relationship to void the warranty.

Reply to
Richard

Do the mods, anyway. If you don't bring it up at the dealer when you get your car serviced or repaired under warranty the probably won't even notice or care about such minor things unless of course you bring the car in with a blower mod or fat drag slicks in the back. :)

Reply to
Mark

Reply to
Erik D.

Guess you bought it used?

Reply to
Mark

yeah.

Reply to
Erik D.

Yes I can do the job, and I never have parts left over, and rarely do i break plastic clips then it is on something over 10 years old. However that isn't important to the story, because the car is right at two months old, and less than 750 miles (The real little old lady who drives to church and the grocery store). I tried to schedule the service department to do the work, at the dealership where I bought the car. I was going to tell mom that there was a recall, take the car in, have it done, and pick it up after work and return it to mom.

Reply to
Craig Shaffer

Not if Magnuson and Moss have anything to say about it...

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán