Discount Tires.com

Any one have any feedback(good are bad) on these guys.

Reply to
Deputy Dog

I went to

and noted the price of the tires I wanted. I called my local GoodYear, got ahold of the store owner, and didn't shut up untill he matched the price. Got em from $160 to $129.

Try that first. :-)

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

"Deputy Dog" wrote in news:1R3od.4505$hJ6.205@trndny01:

I deal with the store here, I really think very highly of them. I punctured a tire once that couldn't be repaired and since it was one of the uncommon size high performance tires, Discount didn't have one in stock and couldn't get one until Monday. Of course I had the stupid donut spare and was headed out of town that weekend....

They found a very good used tire in the correct size AND rating, put it on the car, told me to come back Monday and get the new tire and charged me nothing for the loan, the installation, etc. They sure made a customer out of me!

Reply to
XS11E

Deputy Dog opined in news:1R3od.4505$hJ6.205@trndny01:

I had good luck with them, because I went in informed. And they have never given me grief.. even let me cut in line because I had to have a quick turn- around.

-BUT- I sent a woman client into them,... gave her a slip with the exact tire to ask for, and they up-sold her to a performance tire that she didnt need.

I made the mistake of not meeting her there, and it cost her 150 bucks more for the four.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Her fault, she should have listened to what you told her. If she chose not to follow your destructions, then she did it of her own volition.

Reply to
SVTKate

Yeah, I've bought 3 dets of Nitto drag radials from them.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

My family has gotten several sets of tires from the local brick-n-mortar Discount Tire. They have been nice to us.

They mounted and balanced a pair of tires I bought through TireRack even though /other/ tire places ( Les Schwab ) wouldn't touch them since A) there was only a "half set," not four tires, and B) I didn't buy them at their store. Another cool thing that the Discount Tire did was that the manager said that they'd price match TireRack on any identical tire.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

I like the Tire Rack better. They have a better selection.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Tire Rack doesn't (didn't) have Nitto and discounttiredirect.com had a better price on the Kumhos also.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I found the best price for my BFG's w/discounttiredirect.com Free shipping too.

Tr> Tire Rack doesn't (didn't) have Nitto and discounttiredirect.com had

Reply to
Gill

Over the years I've purchased tire/wheel combos for several autos, and been very pleased with the service and price each time. First was my Mustang. Got American Racing wheels and BF Goodrich tires. The wheels were the white 5-spokes that looked very much like the Saleen wheels of the late 80s and early 90s. Later, just for fun and to be different I got 15" wheels and cheap

195/50/15 tires for my daily driver, a 93 Escort wagon. Next was a total change for the Mustang to Cobra replica wheels and Kumho tires. Finally I got a set of MB Motorsport wheels and Goodyear tires for my Explorer (which replaced my Escort a few years ago.) My last experience was the only rocky one. In the wake of all the crap over Explorers and fitment, they sold me the product I wanted, mounted tires to wheels and balanced everything, but wouldn't mount them on the vehicle. I ended up going down the street to a small shop and got them mounted.

Sorry for making this long, but my point is I've done some major business with Discount Tire locally over the years, and overall I am very pleased with them.

Randy

90 GT

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte