Discounted ? Ford ESP Warranties

I'm interested in buying a Ford new car ESP warranty. Does anyone have the name of a dealer or website of a dealer that offers serious discounts on them? Thanks.

Reply to
edd

On my last 2 ford purchases I have negotiated the discount at the time I purchased the new car. In one case I paid 50% or list for warranty and the other time 60% of list. Given the heavy discount I received I imagine the markup for the dealer is very steep. As far as I know only dealers can sell ESP warrantees. Howard

Reply to
Howard Nelson

I had the same experience, bargained for the warranty. Although, I have gotten several offers in the mail recently for extended warranties for my vehicles, completely separate from any the dealership offered.

One other note, READ it, and be certain that you know what it covers and more specifically, what it DOES NOT cover.

I doubt that I will ever buy another, it has been a waste of time and money and went things did go wrong, they were not covered, Ford's Super Duper Premium Plus warranty.. BAH!

Kate

| On my last 2 ford purchases I have negotiated the discount at the time I | purchased the new car. In one case I paid 50% or list for warranty and the | other time 60% of list. Given the heavy discount I received I imagine the | markup for the dealer is very steep. As far as I know only dealers can sell | ESP warrantees. | Howard | | | --- | Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. | Checked by AVG anti-virus system

SVTKate

I normally don't argue with my elders, but in my case the ESP paid for itself quickly. on our 2000 Exp Sport we had an AC Compressor die and the power steering pump die. I vote for the purchase.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

In my case the Ford ESP paid for a new AC system (at 10K) and new paint job (at 4 years) on the 89 Mustang and a new transmission (at 35K) and new engine (at 61K) on the 95 Windstar. No significant hassles. I believe I paid $700 for the mustang and $850 for the Windstar ESP. I wouldn't buy a Ford without an ESP.

Howard

Reply to
Howard Nelson

Based on the repairs you described at the mileages listed, I think the MORE logical conclusion is NOT TO BUY A FORD AT ALL!

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

I find this amazing...I really dont have much of a life but I STILL dont have time to cruise around other boards looking to start trouble!

I get in enough right here and on a couple others.. where I have interests

D.D. Palmer opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I was just outlining the usefulness of the Ford ESP warranty. I love the mustang and the windstar. The mustang now has 100K and the Windstar 200K. Both run fine. The total cost of ownership has been less than any other cars I have owned. If I hadn't had the Ford ESP plan I imagine I would be less than happy. With the ESP the ford product was still thousands less than a comperable Toyota. Here in California sales tax and 1st year registration on a new $25,000 car is more than the cost of a new engine or paint job on an old car. I just keep them running. Howard

Reply to
Howard Nelson

DON'T waste your money. I had one on a 1996 Taurus GL and it didnt cover much. I had ignition timing problems (device that works like a distributor) that failed.Took it in, Ford looked at it (Charged me for that) and decided it was NOT COVERED. I went and bought the part from another dealer, installed it myself (they said I couldn't because it required SPECIAL tools (bullshit). Then when the head gasket let go it DID cover that...I hated that god-damned car....... My 1999 and 2002 Explorers have been bullet-proof, but the Taurus was a piece of shit.

Reply to
Dr. Rastis Fafoofnik

Hey, they're cars... shit happens. You cannot possiblly think that they are going to stay showroom new forever..

Kate

| >> One other note, READ it, and be certain that you know what it covers and | >> more specifically, what it DOES NOT cover. | >>

| >> I doubt that I will ever buy another, it has been a waste of time and | > money | >> and went things did go wrong, they were not covered, Ford's Super Duper | >> Premium Plus warranty.. BAH! | >>

| >> Kate | >

| > In my case the Ford ESP paid for a new AC system (at 10K) and new paint | > job | > (at 4 years) on the 89 Mustang and a new transmission (at 35K) and new | > engine (at 61K) on the 95 Windstar. No significant hassles. I believe I | > paid | > $700 for the mustang and $850 for the Windstar ESP. I wouldn't buy a Ford | > without an ESP. | >

| > Howard | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

BM gots other 'interests' ???!!!

the plot thickens.

Kate

| >> In my case the Ford ESP paid for a new AC system (at 10K) and new paint | >> job | >> (at 4 years) on the 89 Mustang and a new transmission (at 35K) and new | >> engine (at 61K) on the 95 Windstar. No significant hassles. I believe I | >> paid | >> $700 for the mustang and $850 for the Windstar ESP. I wouldn't buy a | >> Ford without an ESP. | >>

| >> Howard | | -- | - Yes, I'm a crusty old geezer curmudgeon.. deal with it! -

Reply to
SVTKate

Punk.

Ok, back to the warrantys. I suppose MY issue is that (and I griped about this when it happened) the warranty said that it covered the security system. A sensor went amok. I had to have it diagnosed to the tune of about $100 because the alarm (honking horn) would go off whenever I would walk away from the car. Almost as if it was hollering "Don't leave me!" After paying the guys to find out what it was, the part turned out to be a $165 sensor in the deck lid. Much to my surprise, it was listed in a 4 inch thick book of parts "NOT covered" that they browse through before doing any warranty repairs.

So, I called the warranty people, they said no. I argued, they said no, I fumed, they said no, I swore, they hung up on me and sent their cousin Guido to give me an attitude adjustment. In the end, because I had not used the warranty and I was still feeling peeved I learned that I could cancel the warranty and get a full refund. So, I did. I'd had it for one year, ten months.

On another note, the car didn't have any other repairs for over a year after that, and that boiled down to regular wear and tear.

Extended warrantys can be very good. Kristen bought a little Rodeo and the engine threw a rod. Her warranty replaced her engine. They replaced it with LKQ, but it was replaced just the same for $50.

They aren't all bad, but buyer beware!

Kate (c'mere Scott, sowze I can smack you!)

| > One other note, READ it, and be certain that you know what it covers and | > more specifically, what it DOES NOT cover. | >

| > I doubt that I will ever buy another, it has been a waste of time and | money | > and went things did go wrong, they were not covered, Ford's Super Duper | > Premium Plus warranty.. BAH! | >

| > Kate | >

| > | On my last 2 ford purchases I have negotiated the discount at the time I | > | purchased the new car. In one case I paid 50% or list for warranty and | the | > | other time 60% of list. Given the heavy discount I received I imagine | the | > | markup for the dealer is very steep. As far as I know only dealers can | > sell | > | ESP warrantees. | > | Howard | > | | > | | > | --- | > | Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. | > | Checked by AVG anti-virus system

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

True, but unfortunately for Ford (I and family members have owned DOZENS of them over the past 20 years) moving to Toyota is a whole new experience. For the better.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

Watever blows your derss up!

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

derss...??? Dress.. oh yea!

Don't own one m'salf.

Kate

|| > Kate || >

|| || | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Try here:

Hope it's useful!

Reply to
RayS

Kate in an Exploder group again???? Unique!!! Whoops... just saw the crosspost stuff- Sorry, Kate...

I can't speak for any "snail mail" extended warranty offers but it doesn't seem to matter how I set my email filters..... I am bombarded with extended car waranty offers that, I'm quite sure, aren't worth the paper they're not printed on.

I have my own views on extended warrantys..... they can be both colourful and derogatory - yes, at the same time.

Reply to
Jim Warman