Dissing the MavGrabber

"Car Lust--Ford Maverick Grabber

9:36 AM PDT, October 22, 2007 The Ford Maverick, a heavier and less sporting machine than the Ford Pinto on which it was based (a difficult concept to wrap one's head around), was a weak and flaccid family sedan, featuring the all-too- familiar 1970s bugaboos of a strangled engine, flexible and weak chassis, and garish styling."

Especially hard to wrap your head around since it was based on the Falcon..

Heh... considering I had 'retired' {young married} from street mod machines for 5 years when the Mav Grabber was popular, { and considering THE OTHER CHOICES in the Ford lines!!!}, I find anyone denigrating either the MAV/Falcon or Pinto platform a little foolish!

Ford couldnt really help how they had to build those machines... but the owner could do a lot to fix 'em.

Chris H prolly thinks the Mustang II is a lost cause.. heh! I'd give my left nut for one. Break out the cutters and radius those well-wells, then crawl under and rebuild the chassis .. drop in some tasty late model EFI.. Yum - YUM!

But I'd settle for a Grabber II...

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

If you're taking a poll I wasn't a fan of the Mustang II, but I liked the Maverick Grabbers.

Mustang II - No Grabber - Yes

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Backyard Mechanic wrote in news:Xns99D2B78295F3Cpettyfogery@207.115.17.102:

My buddy had a Comet with the small block back in the day (same car) and said that changing spark plugs was an all day job. He is probably exaggerating.

A local wrecking yard had a sweet little '77 Ghia a year ago that had been dumped in front of the place at night. It was in nice shape, and had a blown up 302 in it. Looked like almost new dual exhausts. The interior was nice (if cheap) and the paint was even good. Before I could get back to get it, some ^%$&* mini-stock racer had bought it, knocked all the windows out, and put a 2.3 in it. That's what happens to all the Pintos, Mustangs, and Capris around here. Even the 1980s Fox body Mustangs are rare. If you see a Pinto (other than on the track) it is just passing through.

Reply to
elaich

Mustang II - No Grabber - No Pinto - HELL, no! Torino - Yes!!!

John B.

Reply to
John B.