DIY Head swap

I'm thinking about doing some engine work, swapping heads and intakes on my

96 V6 vert.

Just how hard is it to re & re a set of heads? I've done most of the work on my car (as well as previous cars) myself, but never something this major (done typical maintenance - plugs wires etc- along with other mods like pulleys, CAI, shifter etc...) I'm thinking of moving the car into the garage and making a winter project of it, and I have my MB C320 to drive, so I'm not pushed for time.

Can anyone suggest books, web sites or even videos that would go thru the process step by step?

Alternately, are there any very strong reasons why I shouldn't even try?

Thanks Keith

PS - I'm probably going with a set of Morana Stage 3 + heads and upper/lower from them also.

Reply to
KB