Do you know what an EDR is?

What kind of crap is this? You're going to grill me on hypotheticals?

Hey, what if the Pope decreed tonight that the whole world had to be Catholics? How would that make you feel?

I have enough problems with what IS, let alone what IFs.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

It would explore the depth to which you actually believe driving is merely a privilege. Why are you afraid to answer it? If, as you have said, you believe driving is merely a privilege, they you would not object to having that privilege arbitrarily taken away. Yet you will not say so. So if you DO object, how do you explain your objection to the loss of something you have no RIGHT to?

I wouldn't care because the pope has no power insofar as my right to be any particular religion. You claim the state does have the right to control your basic right to drive. So it's not the same thing at all.

It seems to me that you wish to have it both ways, you want to tell others that they only have a privilege to drive, yet when you are asked if you would have any objection if the state arbitrarily took away your privilege you lose your voice on the subject.

That's a sure recipe for serfdom.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

This is really getting boring. Driving is a privilege. Period. Read all you want into that statement, take your conspiracy theory as far as it will go, and driving will still be a privilege.

Again, let me be very clear: driving is a privilege. Who controls the privilege? The state. Now, if you want to sit and fantasize about just how far the state could push that privilege, knock yourself out.

But remember when the state decided that alcohol could be regulated out of existence?

That makes no sense whatsoever. You were probably just desperate to work the word "serfdom" in there somewhere. You haven't used it in the last post or two and it was overdue.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

You make no sense. If you "accelerate out of trouble", then you won't have a problem since no one will see your black box. However, if you "purposely accelerated right into the side of the innocent guy turning left", they should hang your ass, black box or not.

Reply to
Hairy

Let me try to be clearer. There are some accidents that you will not avoid. Having someone turn left in front of you is often one of them. When someone does that you have only a few options to try and avoid the inevitable. You can do nothing. You can brake. You can accelerate and hope to get clear before they hit you. In all of those cases the accident is the fault of the guy turning left in front of you. But in many cases the at fault driver is going to lie. So while you may have done nothing but try and avoid the crash by trying to accelerate AND NOT HAVE EXCEEDED the speed limit... your black box is only going to show that last few seconds. There will be more then one way to spin the black boxes showing of full throttle on your part just before the accident.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

And the reason the state gets away with regulating alcohol out of existence is because of people like you who abdicate their rights because they believe the lie that they are mere privileges doled out to them by the state. Unfortunately, those who believe otherwise tend to be in a minority and get screwed by those who snivel and grovel under the state's heel. At least you can count yourself in the majority, the group who hold so little regard for their rights that they no longer even claim to have any.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Driving is a priviliege.

Driving was a privilege before I was born.

It's not my fault that driving is a privilege.

dwight

Reply to
dwight