Does an off road h-pipe increase horsepower

Or not? I hear alot of different stories on this....Does it really boost HP'S a bit or not at all? I just bought one to go along with my flowmaster exhaust, and wanted a beat louder deeper sound and maybe some increase in HP'S... How do you rate the MAC off road h-pipe comapred to others?

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Oh Jesus, YOU again? Are you never gonna learn? Damn, it's time for the infamous Dave Lyon's Village Idiot Application to come out of retirement.

....Needless bs snipped.

///Mike TS #63

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars - Newly updated
Reply to
TurboMike

Reply to
Claud Spinks

I was waitin for SOMEONE to say something ;).

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

I ran with one for a while, but went back to stock. I lost torque in the low end and lost quite a bit of mileage. I could feel it in the seat of my pants.

Reply to
Deputy Dog

The last thing on the list. Its whats best for your mustang. All of those parts work very well though, you should try them.

Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Air filter bypass kit........ riiiiiiiiight..

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Yeah, that's the one I got. If you want LOUD that's it!

Gill

It seems faster because its louder. The difference between a good set of cats and no cats is only a few horsepower and only at the high end.. nothing you're going to feel. The downside is you're going to give up low end torque that you CAN feel. Certainly not worth fouling the air for.

LJH

95GT (331 stroker, Bassani catted X-pipe)

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

No, but i guess im going to have some trouble with emissions... Most guys just put back on the cats for emissions testing.... I was just trying to find out if its worth all the changing over of cats each year....

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

I thought you would gain torque with an H-pipe....? tom

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Best to go with a set of Hi-Flo cats. You have no real differance in HP AND you are emissions legal AND you don't have to annually reinstall the cats. I had a custom H-pipe created and installed by a local muffler shop with hiflo cats for between $300 to $400. I can't remember the exact price, but it is comparable to a purchased premade setup.

Reply to
James

I guess i screwed up then... There already on the way, so im may just pay the shipping and send the off road h-pipe back.... I wonder if MACPERFORMANCE will give me a hard time refunding me? do you have any experience with them?.. thanks

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Damn, i thought the h-pipe would give a bit more low end since thre is no cats....Oh well, i guess i learned my lesson.... Its just so many peopl i see have the off road pipes, i figured there was some good coming out of them....

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

You have an H-pipe already on the way? Has hi-flow cats? Use it!

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

H crossovers should be tuned for each engine if you really want anything out of it. paint the exhaust pipes from the manifold or header back about 3 feet. then dive it a while, where the paint stopped burning off is where the crossover should go. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein

No cats???? I hope we're not talking daily driver... This happens to be my f*ckin air too.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Removing Cats on your exhaust system is stupid, but I gotta know Jim, what about all the pre '74/pre Catalectic converter cars on the road? Do they F*ckin bother you to?

Reply to
351CJ

Thank you...