Does this just screem scam or what???

WindsorFox[SS]

looks like a scam to me..he wont show users that bid becuase he probably made them up and bidded on his own items....I have seen people do that before. Also he jsut registered...I would be very careful about this. I got screwed last month on ebay...damn people

Bryan

2004 Mustang Convertible GT -Sonic Blue

-Light Bar

-Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter

-White face gauges

-Mach 1 Grill Delete

-Mach 1 Chin Spoiler

-4.10 gears

-2 chamber flowmaster exhaust

-K & N Filter

-Red Calipers all around

Bryan S. Moore

Scam or not, these are used parts. Does anyone think that the seller will say "I have this wore out POS that I want too much money for"?

I'm reminded of something I heard years ago..... "If was any good, do you think I'd sell it?".

Caveate emptor....

Jim Warman

his > G4 note book and the scammer was... yep in London.

I read that story! That was sooo funny. :D

-- John C. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

What happened to you Bryan... on Ebay that is?

Kate

| > -- | > Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site. | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

One month ago before I sold my 03 V6 stang I bought a rear bumper GT for it cause I wanted to add dual exhaust. Well this guy said reserve was 200 but if you wanted it know he would sell it for 25 and to contact him cause he couldn't lower the reserve price. So of course I did, he ended the auction and it was done. I paid him with western union, cause he said he needed the money ASAP and I felt alright abuot it. One month went past and nothing and he would not even contact me, but before he got my money he contacted my like 5 times a day for 3 days. A second month went by and I found the same auction by the same seller on EBAY again, and he had the nerve to say "Was on ebay before and buyer fell through" whats up with that. I contacted ebay and they were no help cause we did it outside ebay. He ended up selling the bumper to someone else and they even left him a good reply. he said he didnt do that when I finally contacted him, he gave me his real numbers at first. I finally talked to his boss a few times and he then started talking to me and making this long strory up of what happened, oh it was my room mate who sold this and so forth. Well he finally said he would give me my money back and my wife is actually on her way to the post office today to get the package that should have the money order in it. Keep your fingers crossed...alot of people on ebay are good people but there are some who aren't. Here is the link to the original ebay that I purchased and then the second listing about a month later.

Bryan

2004 Mustang Convertible GT -Sonic Blue

-Light Bar

-Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter

-White face gauges

-Mach 1 Grill Delete

-Mach 1 Chin Spoiler

-4.10 gears

-2 chamber flowmaster exhaust

-K & N Filter

-Red Calipers all around

"SVTKate" wrote in message news:79hwc.13266$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...

Bryan S. Moore

"Bryan S. Moore" wrote

Couldn't get the first link to work, but apparently this guy can't spell. The second auction ad is terrible! It's one thing to have a typo in here where it's amongst *friends*, but Sheesh. If your tryin' to sell something and letting the whole world see it...proofread! :)

Did you get your money back yet?

Reply to
66 6F HCS

ya I messed up the first link...

but I am waiting on confirmation from my wife..since I am in Iceland I dont know if she got it. :-) I hope I did, cause its been 2 1/2 months since I paid him.

Bryan S. Moore

HAH!!! The guy was busted! I went back to see how many days were left because he had not answered my question and BANG! "Invalid item". That's good for his ass. I hope someone finds him. I sent the question "Hey, will this fit on a 331 or 347 CID engine?? To which would of course be yes, but what I expected was "No, it fits a 5.0 only".

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

That's why Ebay says never reply when someone offers to deal outside Ebay. Do not reply and report the incident to Ebay because they WILL screw you and have probqbly screwed other people before and will continue to until the get reported.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I noticed that his licence plate number is shown in those photos.If that is his car,maybe you could inform the police if he does not give you your money back,they should be able to find him.And I've seen episodes of the People's Court where eBay scammers have been sued by ripped-off buyers,and the Judge was not happy to say the least !! Also the guy is no longer a registered user,what a surprise !!

Andrew

That's why Ebay says never reply when someone offers to deal outside Ebay. Do not reply and report the incident to Ebay because they WILL screw you and have probqbly screwed other people before and will continue to until the get reported.

-- Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.

me

Well, that is a dead link now and was yesterday, BUT I got a reply. It seems as though this person who has less than perfect Englis skills still wants to sell the Item to me and give me Fedex 2day air delivery. I asked what happened to the auction. Here was his reply...

------------------------------------------------------------------ Good Evening,

I apologize for delay, i was very busy, i just moved with my family (wife and two kids) in a new house and i am working everyday over my head.I see that you are interested in buying my supercharger, well the price that i am looking for is around 700 -

800 GBP (including all shipping and insurance taxes).The supercharger is in excellent condition,i promise you'll be very satisfied,for wath i know it should work at your engine,please search for your self and see if it realy fit your engine.If you are interested to buy it please give it a good home.i intend to ship the package via UPS Air Express and you'll receive the package in two days later after the payment is confirmed, as for the shipping i hope you will agree to split the taxes, regarding the payment i would appreciate a Money Order Transfer through MoneyGram which i prefer because they work fast and smooth.If you require more details please don't hesitate to contact me.Thanks alot for your time and i am looking forward to hear from you.

Yours Sincerely,

Mark

WindsorFox[SS]

Actually, the reason ebay says never deal off ebay is that they're scared to death we'll develop contacts, get to know each other, and sell stuff to each other and they won't get their nickel. I mean, you guys are talking about $25? Do you think ebay would have cared if the deal was done on ebay? There are people selling on ebay that have HUNDREDS of negative feedbacks. They don't care, as long as they get their fees. If you buy, you WILL get kicked off for 3 non payments (not three hundred), because they refund auction fees in those cases.

As for copying auctions, it doesn't take much smarts to copy anything on the internet, does it? On ebay, buyers take 100% of the risk, so it's a good place to fake somebody out. How can you tell that somebody has a real item for sale? You can't, obviously. If they have positive feedback from 500 different people, you have some clue that they actually sell things, or they paid a LOT of fees and used a big network of accounts to build up to the present scam.

Recognizing something "Looks like a scam" draws on a lot of intuition and generalization. It's an odd thing about people who steal off folks like us. Usually, they're pitifully unintelligent. They can't type, spell, or do anything right. It is because of that you can tell phishing emails, because they misspell everything while they're asking for your "soshul securty nummber". I had a friend who received a fake cashier's check (it was a big amount) and whomever the moron was misspelled the name of the town that the pretend bank was in. Too much trouble to look at a map for a 5-figure payoff? So he said, "looky here, a fake certified check. Never saw one of those before." instead of being ripped off. A more articulate thief could fool any of us, but those people usually don't bother trying to get $25 from me. They are looking for investors with real money.

I realize honest people make typos too, that's not my point. My point is that it's really easy to run a scam that doesn't look like a scam, but most people who would actually try it are just too stupid.

Reply to
Joe

Can you point me to an ebayer with hundreds of negative feedbacks? I'd like to read them as it would probably be pretty funny. Not to mention to see who would be crazy enough to buy from them.

Reply to
Jimz466

Interesting enough, I poked a look at his feedback and was told that he is no longer a registered member.

Sorry you had so much trouble with him Bryan, and I hope that your money made it in the mail.

Kate

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

The guy cannot spell worth a sh*t! Foolish as this sounds, that is one of the first things that will warn me on an auction. It makes me read feedback all the way through. It's not so much itheir being lliterate as it is perhaps that they are not from America and not someone I can track down and throttle if need be.

Where is the guy located Bryan?

Kate

| > "Bryan S. Moore" wrote | >

| > Couldn't get the first link to work, but apparently this guy can't spell. | > The second auction ad is terrible! It's one thing to have a typo in here | > where it's amongst *friends*, but Sheesh. If your tryin' to sell something | > and letting the whole world see it...proofread! :) | >

| > Did you get your money back yet? | > -- | > Scott W. | > '66 Mustang HCS | > '68 Ranchero 500 | > '68 Fury III Fastback | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

LMAO! Well said Joe. As I sayed bee-fore, them thet dont spell good always make me look real close before I buy frum them.

Kate

"Joe" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com... | | "WindsorFox[SS]" wrote in message | news:Jyqwc.49021$Yr.26684@okepread04... | > Bryan S. Moore wrote: | >

| > > ya I messed up the first link... | > >

| > > but I am waiting on confirmation from my wife..since I am in Iceland I | dont | > > know if she got it. :-) I hope I did, cause its been 2 1/2 months | since I | > > paid him. | > >

| > That's why Ebay says never reply when someone offers to deal | > outside Ebay. Do not reply and report the incident to Ebay because | > they WILL screw you and have probqbly screwed other people before and | > will continue to until the get reported. | >

| Actually, the reason ebay says never deal off ebay is that they're scared to | death we'll develop contacts, get to know each other, and sell stuff to each | other and they won't get their nickel. I mean, you guys are talking about | $25? Do you think ebay would have cared if the deal was done on ebay? There | are people selling on ebay that have HUNDREDS of negative feedbacks. They | don't care, as long as they get their fees. If you buy, you WILL get kicked | off for 3 non payments (not three hundred), because they refund auction fees | in those cases. | | As for copying auctions, it doesn't take much smarts to copy anything on the | internet, does it? On ebay, buyers take 100% of the risk, so it's a good | place to fake somebody out. How can you tell that somebody has a real item | for sale? You can't, obviously. If they have positive feedback from 500 | different people, you have some clue that they actually sell things, or they | paid a LOT of fees and used a big network of accounts to build up to the | present scam. | | Recognizing something "Looks like a scam" draws on a lot of intuition and | generalization. It's an odd thing about people who steal off folks like us. | Usually, they're pitifully unintelligent. They can't type, spell, or do | anything right. It is because of that you can tell phishing emails, because | they misspell everything while they're asking for your "soshul securty | nummber". I had a friend who received a fake cashier's check (it was a big | amount) and whomever the moron was misspelled the name of the town that the | pretend bank was in. Too much trouble to look at a map for a 5-figure | payoff? So he said, "looky here, a fake certified check. Never saw one of | those before." instead of being ripped off. A more articulate thief could | fool any of us, but those people usually don't bother trying to get $25 from | me. They are looking for investors with real money. | | I realize honest people make typos too, that's not my point. My point is | that it's really easy to run a scam that doesn't look like a scam, but most | people who would actually try it are just too stupid. | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Wassa matta Markie, you no likie pigeon english?

If you buy from this guy, you are out of your mind.

If he can send it "COD" then more power to you, but otherwise there is no way I would send him a nickle.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

OK first off the link I posted was not who Bryan dealt with, someone up top somewhere got these two threads mixed up. I posted the blower scam, the other was a bumper cover. So, I replied a second time and asked why the auction was gone and he said a customer had him end it early. I got pissed and re-replied that I knew he was lying and the auction was not ended, it was removed by Ebay and his ID was removed all because he was too STOOPID to even be a good thief. To be a scammer you have to have high intelligence and very low moral character, I informed him he was low on both points. I advised that next time pick a product he doesn't know zero about, but first learn English, spelling and grammar. I'd love to pull off another iBook sting, but I really don't have the patience to deal with stupid people of low moral character.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]