Drove rice Burner for a couple of days :)

Went on vacation for a few up to the hills of VT (I live on L.I. N.Y) and tried to get a Hertz stang like my last trip, but no luck :( They did give me a sporty Suburu Outback 2.5i wagon loaded to the gills.

So?

It SUCKS!!

CR rates this car great......

Are they kidding?

First problem....I am 6'1" tall, and no matter how I adjust the seat/steering wheel, it still rubs my legs when I get in or out of the car. I literally have to fall out of the car to get out.

Second problem: Even though the seat adjusts in about 100 different directions, none of them are comfortable for me. If I send the seat back so I can stretch my legs, I can't reach the top of the steering wheel. Lumbar support was terrible. Positively the worst seating of any car I have ever driven and I drive a LOT of cars.

Third problem: This car does some really weird stuff when going through puddles or on bridges with iron grating. It's hard to describe, but the car kind of crabs around left and right. It feels really weird.

No doubt the AWD kicking in, but it is very weird feeling.

Fourth problem: Don't even bother with the tranny in drive. Use the manual shifter and it works great. Very nice in fact. Using D turns the car into a slug.

Overall?

A highly overpriced car, very solid, but uncomfortable.

As a last note, the radio sucked. My wife likes AM talk radio and even our stock Caravan shitbox radio works better than this POS. It looks like a nightmare to replace as well because it seems integrated into every other system in the car.

Bottom line?

If you're tall, run from this car.

Just as a contrast, I had a 1006 stang vert a month ago as a rental. Dorve over 1k on it and it was wonderful. Set the seat and forget it. Radio, seating,controls were great.

No comparison IMHO but of course CR loves the Suburu and hates the stang,. They are nuts.

Reply to
freak

Wow...now that's what I call a collector car. Don't think I've ever seen a 1000 year old Mustang ragtop before. Do you have to drive it like Fred Flintstone and use your feet to get going?

;)

(*>

Reply to
Hawk