eBay: is this a joke?

What the hell? Is 220CFM enough to do ANYTHING other than restrict airflow?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

/sarcasm on

Yeah, you don't want to force *too* much air into the engine. I highly recommend this product!

/sarcasm off

You will be able to find anything on EBay. If someone is lacking in the intelligence department, then they deserve what they buy.

Reply to
Greg B.

A universal cooling/blower fan..... bought one exactly like it at Princess Auto years ago for a small garage heater. $9.95 CA if I recall....

Jim Warman

LOL good lord. It wouldn't actually DO anything for a V8 would it?

<memset

interesting negative feedback

RioRedGT

Iv seen this SOOO many times. I thought it was a bildge pump, or whatever, for boats.

Reply to
Benito

I think this says it all "... the Electric Supercharger gets its power from the vacuum inside the throttle body ...". That thing may actually be able to force air into something like my current beater, an '86 Prelude 1.8l/dual carb. That engine is so tiny I can't imagine it flowing much more than 220 CFM. It pretty quick, but still, it's so tiny I doubt it could use more than an Autolite 2100 flows... Here's a chart just to get some perspective... First column is venturi size, second is what it flows. I had a 1.08v stock on my '68 302 and after putting on a 1.23v it really woke up that engine. The thing would really rev once it could breathe.

Ven. Size CFM

0.98 190 1.01 240 1.02 245 1.08 287 1.14 300 1.21 351 1.23 356 1.33 424

So going by that chart this blower motor could actually 'supercharge' something running a .98 venturi Autolite 2100. I have no idea what the .98's came on, as the lowest I've ever seen is a 1.08v that was stock on many cars, my '68 Galaxie being one of them. I think lo-po 390 cars may have come with the 1.21v but I'm not sure of that.

Oh, speaking of my beater... It's now got an exhaust leak so I sound like a freakin' ricer. I try to keep the revs below 1500-2000 so it doesn't sound like a fart pipe. At least it's not so shrill and high pitched as a fart pipe. I'll be replacing this piece with another beater soon... It's an Olds, so at least it's American, if not Ford. I'll actually be able to sit up straight in that car (I'm 6'3.5").

Cory

Cory Dunkle

One thought that just occurred to me... That blower would make a great cooling fan for my BigAss (tm) Alpha PAL8045 (80mm x 80mm x 45mm) heatsink I've got on my CPU now. I thoguht my 80mm Delta 7000 RPM fan was great, but that would probably keep the thing at room temperature under any load!

Cory

Cory Dunkle

Dude that isn't a bad idea... pretty expensive fan though.

-Mike

<memset

Johnny K

That's true, just because it can move 220 cfm of air doesn't mean it can pressurize anything with a requirement of less than 220, but it really doesn't have to either to have some beneficial effect. There is a vacuum in front of the throttle body because of the restriction in front of it. If this POS can actually move this vacuum up to zero, there would have to be some sort of benefit of getting more air into the throttle body. I have no idea though if this benefit would counteract the parasitic loss required to run this DC "supercharger' from the alternator. I think we need to experiment with this!

John Del Wolcott, CT

"I'm just trying to get into heaven, I'm not running for Jesus!" Homer Simpson

(remove S for email reply)

Reply to
John Del

It's nice to see these scammers have graduated from Bilge blowers, and Leaf Blowers :)

Chief Wiggum

Newly discovered power adder...... this device will draw absolutely no power from the motor..... adds 5 gazillion RWHP and you can let the kids play with it when you're not using the car......

Jim Warman

at 23 Nov 2003, Jim Warman [ snipped-for-privacy@tenalpsulet.net] wrote in news:MQdwb.39794$IZ1.21327@edtnps84:

Looks like the prototype for that tornado thingy Jim. Coo, thanks for that link... So if I stick one on either side of the hood I gert 10 gazillion RWHP? And does the size/material used matter RWHP wise?

Reply to
Paul

Only if you apply a decal to the windshield advertising either your favourite sunglasses or the brand of stereo you hope no one steals from your car....

YMMV.

Reply to
Jim Warman

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

<memset

I've got one for you, on an old VW Beetle engine there are two fresh air hoses on the fan shroud if you put a t on the carb and plumb these in to it you get about 15hp. Of course it screws the carb and floods when you stop. but...

Reply to
Elvis Presley