Edelbrock vs trickflow top end kits

I posted this couple months ago but didnt get any replies. 89 GT 5spd. Just got subframes on yesterday, this summer, mini starter and high flow fuel pump are done.

Ive got the Edelbrock performer top end on my 69 351W (cylinder heads, cam, intake) and really like it. But I havent seen a lot of Edelbrock mods on 5.0s. So just wanted to see if I could get some good or bad feedback about Edelbrock or Trickflow top end kits for the 5.0. Since they sell the easiest "bolt and go" kits.

Anyone have experience with either of these guys for heads, cam, intake on a 5.0 ?

Thanks,

Reply to
faust_151

I have only used FRPP upper/lower intakes and heads on my '89 LX so I have no direct experience with Trick Flow or Edelbrock kits. I really haven't heard anything bad about either. I think Edelbrock has top notch quality while being a little less aggressive with performance and a little more concerned with street manners. Trick Flow parts are more for the hard core racer and are geared to track performance. If I had to make a GENERAL statement it would be that Edelbrock leans toward torque numbers while Trick Flow leans toward high rpm horsepower.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

hate to put the power band up in the high RPMs, and lose the low end torque (limited funds for rebuilds)

Reply to
Dear Leader