Electric cooling fan conversion for a 70 vert?

I've got a 70 convertible (302) that was rebuild about 5k miles ago. On a hot Minnesota July day it will stumble when sitting in traffic or in a parade, you all know how a pony wants to run and not sit. . .. anyway anyone done a recent conversion to an electric cooling fan? I've seen many advertised but not really sure which one to get. I have what looks like a standard core radiator, so I'm guessing that would be replaced as well.

Thank for any thoughts on the subject

Joe

Reply to
Joe Duffy

Black Magic is one of the best, but it is expensive. The fan comes with an external thermostat, that must be placed next to the radiator.

Call the guys at Mustang's Plus, they should have everything you need, including instructions.

Reply to
.boB

I got mine at Mustangs Unlimited, $249.00. I think a bit pricey, but it works well and has an adjustable thermostat. It also uses the existing bolt holes and was a breeze to install. Your best bet may be to try some Water-Wetter $7.95, before leaping to the electric fan.

Reply to
Mustang_66

Mustang_66 opined in news:XHyjb.793683$uu5.139644@sccrnsc04:

Ditto!

Made a world of difference on my SVO, so much so that the fan was rarely on in traffic on the hottest days...before I put it in, the temp would continue to rise even after the fan came on.

Make sure your coolant is blended to the minimum anti-freeze ratio for your climate but at least 40%.... though the water wetter has its own anti- corrosives.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic