Electric trunk Release retrofit on 69

I want to retrofit an electric trunk release to my 69. I've seen them on eBay,but so far not successful in getting one. Does anyone know what later model(s) of Ford cars they come from so i can try to find one ? Apparently they bolt right in place of the old manual one.

Andrew

Reply to
me

At least 87 and up that I am aware of.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

And i suppose the actual model does not matter,like they would be generic accross the board right ??

Andrew

Don Manning

Reply to
me
87-93 4 cylinder and 8 cylinder cars all have the exact same mechanism. 94 and up Mustangs have the same one as well...but I am not sure.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Great,thanks for the info !

Andrew

87-93 4 cylinder and 8 cylinder cars all have the exact same mechanism. 94 and up Mustangs have the same one as well...but I am not sure.

Don Manning

Reply to
me

My 86 4cylinder also had remote trunk

Reply to
John Wiebalk

The problem with the newer style ones is they are trunk mounted rather than on the transom panel like the '69. Fox ones won't bolt straight on. I looked at Tempo ones too, same deal. You need to find a model that has a key hole on the body. I'll keep an eye open as I want to put one on my '67 which should be the same as your '69. I looked at the '67 latch to see if it had a lever on it but no dice. If it did, You could use a remote solenoid like the gas cap release that is cable operated. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

I actually managed to get one of this guy,and he said he installed one the same in his 69, Mach 1,and he also said he put one in his 70 Cougar I guess I'll soon find out if it fits !!

Andrew

Reply to
me

What car did it come off? Let us know if it works out so I can add it to the old memory bank! ;^) StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

He's not sure because he got it from another guy. "Later Ford model" was all i was told.When i get it i will take some pics of it,and send them to you if that will help your memory bank :-) Also i'll let you know it fits

Andrew

Reply to
me

Could it have come off of a Crown Victoria? I was told once before that they would work.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Not sure,but I'll post my results if / when i get it working !! I'll link to pics of it so you maybe can tell which car it came from

Andrew

Don Manning

Reply to
me