Emergency brake adjustment s197

Have a 07 and just lowered it 1 1/4. problem is cables seem to have pulled tight. how are they adjusted or is it possible i have them pulled to tight when rerouted. if they adjust it must be at the brake handle

Reply to
Big Don

Inside the floor console bin, you will find a small plastic cover.. remove that and the park brake adjuster nut should be visible. However, I would look closely at cable routing and attachment points. Lowering the car should NOT have changed cable adjustment.

Reply to
Jim Warman

My 06 lowered about the same amount without any parking brake consequences.

Reply to
Frank ess

Hey thanks everyone. not sure what happened but needed to loosen the nut about 2 turns. I did add a adjustable upper 3rd link and steeda alum control arms when i lowered it. cables are routed same as stock. all is good now.

3rd like might have done it ? Thanks guys
Reply to
Big Don