Emergency brake COIL spring on CALIPERhelp

i made the mistake of thinking that the bolt holding one side of the coil spring used on the emergency brake lever on the caliper was preloading the spring so i took it out. oops. does anybody have a trick to get that coil return spring back on? i already ripped the back of my hand opened trying a channel lock and vise grip.. anybody know the trick on the rear caliper spring? do they make a tool?

2000 mustang GT
Reply to
joe

Yeah...you never want to take those off if you don't have to. I have taken one off once, and it was a real pita to get it back on. I just used a reasonably sized/spaced plyers and squeezed about as hard as I could to get it back on. It is real easy for it to slip/sproing off as you have learned. Not sure if there is a special tool for the job...good luck.

(*>

Reply to
Hawk