End of another Summer

Good day Y'all & Kate

Well I finally did all I could do for this summer. I just wanted to thank everyone for all the help they have given me. I have only one finally story to give everyone as I put "charlene" away for the winter tomorrow. As most of you know, I have gone through hell and back with my 84GT, with it all starting by wanting to change a leaky timing chain cover gasket, to ripping out the motor and starting from scratch. We've all been there at one time or another, looking at one thing and ending up doing

45 other things. I am glad my bolt breaking days are over (DAMNED BOLTS)...so on that note here is my final entry for a while until I start my diff and gears swap, next spring( cuz everyone knows, if I do them over the winter, and by chance there is a nice dry day out...I will have to test them, so screw that idea)...anyhoo---here's my story.

So I call my g/f yesterday and ask her if she could possibly do me a favor. She's like "WHAT"...so I ask her if she would mind taking charlene and putting around 20bucks worth in her tank, cuz the gaz prices dropped almost 10 cents a liter...( I am from montreal, quebec - I am sure you guys know of the gaz prices...we can bounce from 69.9 cents/liter for regular up to 87 cents/liter in the matter of 5 hours.....)...so I drove to work in the crap-mobile and as I passed a gaz station, there is was in shining GOLD..69.9/liter....I was in my glory...it was a sign from god..."FILL'ER up and LET HER RIP"...Hence the phone call to the g/f...I was at work and the car was at home and by the time i would get home...the price may have jumped back up again... NONE THELESS---she says yes, but doesn't do it! DAMN DAMN DAMN...so as I leave work, I see the prices shot up to 75.9/liter..I was thinking HAHA suckers...didn't get me...YEAH RIGHT! I get home and the first thing from her mouth...I forgot to go get gaz...."WHAMMO, and it's a right punch to the kidneys"..Rick is down for the count..SHIT SHIT SHIT!....I am not happy, so I figure what the hell I will go put Gaz in anyways....so off I go...Now I am on my way....and the first gaz station I see well--lookie here.....69.9/liter....wooooooooo-hhhhhhhhooooooooooo and what a freaking line-up.........there must have been about 13 cars waiting...so I pull in line and wait my turn...as I am waiting, feeling the rumble under my bum...I hear a commotion going on about 4 cars deep....naturally I look ahead...some dude was waiting to back into pump position when another dude pulled a dirty move and jumped it....now I am thinking....UH OH!...dude no#1 was pretty big and pretty pissed...so he just walked up to the car (the jumpee) and basically told him to move his car or he would pummell the snot out of him.....HE MOVED!,,,it was funny---now I am thinking" don't piss this guy off, don't make eye contact"....and no longer after I think that---he's whistling at me DOH!...and yelling something in french....I couldn't hear him, so i rip the handbrake, get out and start walking towards him....thinking..oh my god, oh my god...stick and move ricky boy, stick and move!....as I get closer I see his mean face start to smile....he's like "eh men, wat year is dis car you ave"..."i ave 2 lik dis befare"...(this is a french guy speaking english)....he is now liking my car and hopefully not wanting to steal it......he checks it out and gives me the "tabarnac, est belle"...and then drives away.....SWEEEEET!.....Now since I am feeling like, YEAH MAN---SHE IS NICE, ISN'T SHE!.....so i fuel up......and now I am feeling good...as I leave the pump, everyone is staring, so I decide...EH, WHY NOT!....I light'em up with a little smokee smokee!......felt damned good! Can't believe it's over for another 6 months.

I guess the moral of my little story is, be sure to make freinds with the big guy....and always fill up when the price is good.....

Hope you guys enjoyed my little bitty

Have a happy and safe halloween....watch out for the kiddies

Rick

Reply to
Dude

LOL too funny

ahead...some

Reply to
Mr.Doglips

What a story!

Why park 'em in the winter? I plan to drive my new 03 GT in the winter, but NOT in the snow and only on dry payment. No doubt it is going to see the 4 walls of the garage a lot more. John

ahead...some

Reply to
jriegle

Ah, I hear you... here in Calgary we've already got a lot of snow. The roads are pretty damn slick. I've been driving my 2.3L for the last week and while it's a great little car, I make sure and visit the 5.0 every day in the garage - just so it doesn't get sad. Yip, 6 months of rest for the

5.0. I want to move to Arizona. :)

Brad S

PS: Someone in the US south, light them up and think of us poor 5.0 Canadians.... :(

ahead...some

Reply to
Brad

Dang Rick, If it would have been me, I would have gotten buried in the schrapnel. I'm not looking forward to learning what it's like to have to store my baby over the winter, I hope that you don't suffer serious withdrawl.

I'm looking forward to having a nice big shop when we move, so I can go out and play with Shug and see what kind of trouble I can get into. I hope that someday I will be able to afford the supercharger and 6 speed tranny. Only heaven knows.

Don't forget to go out and talk to Charlene now and then, you know how women get when you don't communicate!

A baby on the way huh.. and no wedding?

Son, we need to talk. Go see a preacher.. it's the right thing to do for your family (yourself, your gal and the little one). Congrats on the new arrival! Even if you divorce later, no one will ever be able to call the little one.. well .. you know... call me an old fashioned mom, but if it were my daughter (and it was not too long ago) you'd be looking at the business end of a double barrel shotgun.

*WEG*

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

It sucks, but the winter in Tennessee shouldn't be quite as long.. probably long enough to do one of those long projects you've been wanting to do to Shug....

Ahh... woman after my own heart. My T-45 is just biding its time until I have the money for the T-56 swap. ;-) A blower would be nice, but I'm not looking forward to changing the bottom end just to feel safe. Who knows....

Funny, I think mine's broken then. She's the one that doesn't seem to like to talk about anything remotely serious.

Ouch... :-)

Reply to
JS