End of the year gas prices

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

DUH, Of course your right. I so used to converting the other way around. $US to $CDN.

Reply to
Richard

Quit your whimpering, folks..... Here in northern Alberta (living right on top of the stuff, no less) we are about $3.12 per US gallon. At least the price has gone down from the nearly $3.35 per US gallon we were paying late last fall. And yes, that's good old reg'lar no-lead.

You just don't know when you got it good..

Reply to
Jim Warman

George, you never fail to knock me out of my seat. OUCH!

Kate

| > Current UK gas prices £0.81 per litre. I thnk that equates to around $5.50 | > per gallon. | >

| > Makes you think doesn't it? | >

| > JohnP. | >

| | More like $US 6.25 a gallon. | | | Current OZ prices are around $1.10 a litre, equates to around $US 3.50 a | gallon | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

You betcha Spike, I'll get right on it. I have several soaker hoses out in the shop LOL

| | Hey! Spikey Likes IT! | 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok | Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior | Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" | w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16

Reply to
SVTKate

Oh yea Jim we DO know when we've got it good. Just don't tell the politicians!

Kate

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Hell Jim it's all relative. The more a community (collectively) makes the more it costs to live in that community. Demand side economics.

Reply to
Richard

Keep in mind the actual cost of gasoline varies much less than the rate of taxation on such gasoline from place to place.

Reply to
Brent P

$1.58 Albany,Ga

Reply to
Cecilc33

Joe wrote in news:33ohg9F40633fU2 @individual.net:

Went by today and it's up to 1.819 there. Same at the Liberty station on Commercial between University and Pine Island.

Reply to
Joe

You gotta drive. Gas prices are totally out of your control. Just pay the man and stop griping about it. Just put it out of your mind and enjoy life. Bitching/worrying about it has absolutely no effect.

The ONLY thing you can do is drive a fuel efficient car OR if you choose to drive a gas guzzler, drive it in a manner that conserves gas. You have no other options.

LJH

95GT (stopped looking at gas prices years ago)

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

Kate.... your political parties have goofy names and I can't figure out who stands for what...

Up here we have the Liberals (these are the folks that think you can spend your way out of debt)...... we have the Conservatives (more to my liking but sometimes too reserved) and everything in between - including (are you ready) the Marijuana Party (self explanatory)..... the Green Party (mostly tree huggers)..... the Rhinocerous Party (a lot of good ideas but they just like to have fun with it)..... the Communist Party (what they're doing in a democratic election, I'll never know)....

BTW, the Liberals are those fun folks that are trying to run the national gun registry so that some day they can call my long guns illegal and take them away.

FWIW, it's a chilly one here today..... -30ish with a stiff breeze. I'll probably use about 3 bucks worth just getting to the point where the transmission will shift decent.

Reply to
Jim Warman

I can see why you're confused. Down here we have the liberals (Democrats) who believe in paying for government expenditures with adequate taxes and who ran a surplus in their last administration, and then we have the (so-called) conservatives (Republicans) who believe "deficits don't matter" (in the words of VP Cheney), and who are running record deficits in the current administration.

Reply to
rw

Sounds like a mirror image of what we get.... The liberals have been in (federal) power for much too long.... Taxes go up, they run a defecit budget (spend more than they get) and we have nothing to show for it (other than the gay marriage thing.... wow, where do I sign up???). Here in Alberta, our provincial (Conservative) government has eradicated the provincial debt, run consecutive surplus budgets and is fighting to save social programs.

What I still can't understand is that (on both sides of the border) we continue to pay sports figures (read as stick and/or ball types) much more than we pay those running our respective countries. I imagine that might have something to do with the difficulty in keeping honest people honest...

Have a happy and safe new year, anyway.

Reply to
Jim Warman

The people who run the US are corporate CEOs, and they make even more than sports stars.

Reply to
rw