Exhaust Header Part #'s

Hey Guys and Gals,

I've recently bought a pair of exhaust headers on E-Bay that were marked as being for 65-73 289/302 models. When I received them, I checked the casting numbers, and they are D0AE-9431-L (Left Side) and D0OE-9430-D (Right Side). When I went to check the part numbers on the 'net, I found that the D0OE and D0AE are from the 1970 Cobra Jet, and a much larger engine (481 I think?).

Can anyone tell me if these headers are useable on my 289? The holes all line up, though the 'footprints' on the head and those of the headers aren't exactly the same... I've removed an aftermarket tri-Y set-up that was falling apart, so I don't know how the original set-up would have looked.

Kevin

67 Conv. Money Pit - "Is there ANYTHING original on this car???"
Reply to
elmo

Kev, If you have 428 or 429 Cobra Jet Manifolds hang onto them, they won't work but they are worth hell of alot more than 289 manifolds. BTW any sign of that package? I'm gonna put a trace on it if you don't get it soon! StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Hey Stu,

Worth how much (roughly)? I bought them for $70 including shipping... Guess I need to buy some more headers! Bloody Hell!

As for the package, no, it's still not here! I spoke to the postwoman who delivers to my house, and she reckons on 3 months if sent by boat...I hope it hasn't sunk! If you have a way of putting a trace on it, I would appreciate it, as it seems a bit long to me. What do you think?

Anyway, hope you're well, speak to you soon

Kevin

"Stuart&Janet" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@golden.net...

Reply to
elmo

Checked with a friend at Ford today. D0OZ 9430 A and D0OZ 9431 A, would be CJ manifolds. You said the holes line up with your Windsor heads which leads me to believe you may have

1970 351 Windsor manifolds. They will look somewhat chunkier, but in actual fact they are better flowing manifolds than the stock 289/302. The actual PN's you have are "generic" 1970 Ford full size (the A in the 3rd positions means Ford full size car) whereas the O in the third position of the other part number denotes a Torino part. Only problem is my friend couldn't get a perfect match on that particular suffix application for the ones you have( his older fiches aren't very complete back to 1970.) Not to worry though, manifolds were often shared between different models for the same engine. Mustang engine bays are very similar to mid size Torino/ Fairlane. If they bolt up and the outlet doesn't interfere with underpinnings then you're good to go. You could actually port your heads to match the larger 351 exhaust ports.

BTW check your mail I have some news on the infamous "package".

StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet