Extreme irritation with Classic Cougar & Mustang

As grating as this reply is it would have been a far better first reply than your first reply. Please file that in the back of your brain.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

NOTHING sounds THAT lame Spike!

K.

| On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 15:12:19 -0400, pawn wrote: | | >I planned on not mentioning the company involved with this story, but | >screw him, I'm pissed. | >

| >I went to Classic Cougar & Mustang in Concord, Ontario (north of | >Toronto) two weeks ago looking for used leaf springs for my '65 Mustang. | > My car has been sagging on the drivers side by a good inch to an inch | >and a half. My father suggested a place that would re-arch the springs | >I have, but I wanted a quicker solution, not involving leaving my car on | >jack stands for the last couple of weeks of the summer. | >

| >Buddy tells me he can take the springs off a car he has in the back for | >me. It'll take about a week. I drive back a week later to the day: | >

| >"Can I help you?" | >"Yeah, I'm here about the leaf springs for my car." | >"Oh, they're not in yet." | >"What aren't in yet? I'm looking for used springs." | >"Oh yeah, sorry I haven't gotten to that, I'll call you when they're off." | >"Is there any chance I can have them by (this) weekend? | >"I guess if you really need them." | >

| >So I leave and come back three days later, and he proceeds to dig out a | >spring half stuck in a pile of crap in his racking in the back. He | >tells me he's got one spring, and it's clearly not the spring(s) he | >showed me. When pulling it out, he sees the other one. | >

| >We look at them, I'm a little wary. He says they're the right ones and | >that you really can't judge them until they're on the car. | >

| >Soooo...I get them home. I pulled off a spring today, no easy task due | >to a tight bushing very close to the tail pipe. | >

| >I look at the two and they are quite different. For one thing, the | >bushing loop on the end of the new one is larger. For another, there is | >one more leaf in the new one. I figure, whatever, I'm looking to lift | >this side up anyway and I'm sure the bushing rubber will tighten up in | >the bigger loop (it didn't). | >

| >I could go on with a long sorted tale, but the synopsis is, after | >struggling half the day today to get this thing to fit (involving | >modifying the plate the U bolts connect to), my car is sitting about 4" | >higher on the driver's side. It's looks like a friggin' ZZ Top video. | >I can't even budge these springs by sitting on the trunk (I weigh about

250) | >

| >If asshole didn't want to, or didn't have time to sell me leaf springs, | >he could have told me. I would have had my re-arched springs back by | >now, not to mention my valuable time not wasted with three trips to | >Concord and screwing with the wrong springs. | >

| >I wouldn't do business with this dick again if he was giving out free | >GT500's with every purchase. | | V'ger | jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net | 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior | 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code | Dual Exhaust | C4 Auto converted to AODE | 8" Trak Lok | Vintage 40 wheels | BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires | Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) | Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA

Reply to
SVTKate

CobraJet's response(s) stand for themselves. True colors, true colors...

Reply to
Rory P. Bellows

(yawn)

You finished yet?

OK, you sold me. I'll just unload my car 'cause some dipshit on Usenet told me so. Ha ha.

Listen son, I need your help about as much as you need stupid lessons. I came in here to rant and nothing more, and it was well received by a few people who understood where I was coming from. Save your invented self righteous crap for the manifesto asshole.

Reply to
pawn

Yep, but you aren't.

Oh, believe me, I'm the one that's laughing. Why? Because you'll go on Mickey Mousing stuff on your car until you finally get around to selling it because it's beating up your wallet and taxing your patience. Then the next owner, who bought your Mustang on a whim because he didn't check it out thoroughly, will start the bitching cycle all over again as he fixes your mistakes. Maybe he'll even come in here and tell us what a nitwit the P/O of his newly acquired classic was.

That's it. Fool yourself into thinking you know better. In the meantime, realize that guys like me have an Attitude because *we* are the ones fixing the sorry excuses for workmanship committed upon these cars by guys like you. Guys who didn't want to hear it. Guys who think

*they* are self-righteous because they "just came in here to rant" and somehow think that puts them beyond reproach. Guys who are too cheap to buy a book or take a basic auto class at the junior college. Guys who think this is an easy hobby. Guys who can't see the forest from the trees.

Maybe some day I will write a manifesto. Your name will be in it.

Reply to
CobraJet

(snip useless crap and continued false assumptions)

*Now* are you finished?
Reply to
pawn

Translation: "I stepped on a Snake, and I really don't understand that the basic premise of Usenet is free speach".

Reply to
CobraJet

If you had a spine you could take your attitude over to CC&M and get your money back, as those who "well received" your rant have suggested. But no, *you* want to avoid the confrontation. What a wimp. Buy a bicycle.

OK, now I'm finished.

Reply to
CobraJet

So it's safe to wash the bullshit off my monitor now?

Reply to
pawn

I'm sorry I made you puke up your lunch. Scrub away.

Reply to
CobraJet

CJ calls em like he sees em. No one is going to change that... trust me.

Reply to
SVTKate

Oh believe me toots, I know there isn't changing anybody, he makes me laugh.

He PROLLY nneds to change his name to CobraWorm...

Reply to
Rory P. Bellows

I agree. Get off your ass and go get your money back and if he dares to mention anything about a 10% restocking fee, tell him he will get his extra 10% when you shove one of the springs up his ass. He's a lowlife lazy ass rip-off, now DO it! :-D

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Actually, I already recanted in this thread (last night) and basically said I will be paying the guy a visit. I wouldn't want that to stop ThunderIdiot #1 from feeling smug about himself though.

Reply to
pawn

Are you *sure* you don't want to be a Thunder Snake, Mr. FE-owning Nice Guy?

Reply to
CobraJet

Hey, I used to own a 390 powered 67 Ford Ranger P/U. Does that count? :-)

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Not if you ain't into them anymore, Mr. Aging Yuppie Car Owner =80

Reply to
CobraJet

I'm touched that you are so considerate about my feelings. I feel loved.

Now, please tell us that, after shoving a spring up the dude's ass as instructed, you plan on putting NEW springs in your car, at the same time ordering a shop manual for it.

Reply to
CobraJet

Hey, do YOU wanna pay for the gas it would take for a 120 mile round trip 5 days a week in a big block Ford? :-)

Yuppie...pffft :-)

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Depends on how much I'm making. The amount of people you can screw with at 600 miles a week might be worth it. Think of all the Ultimate Driving Machines I can suck the doors off of!

Yeah, right, no yuppies own Beeeemers. And I'm sure you bought yours just for the mileage.

Reply to
CobraJet