Fat man Fab strut front for early mustang

Anyone try out a Fat man Fabrications strut front suspension for a '65 '66 mustang? If so how is it? is the front track the same? Any better ideas for a modern steering/suspention upgrade?

Reply to
Mark

Mark opined in news:RzvSc.237472$a24.234784@attbi_s03:

if i was going to go beyond just upper arm relocation and rack/pinion mods, here's what I would do.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Mark opined in news:RzvSc.237472$a24.234784@attbi_s03:

here's some reviews for fatman, btw

you will have to copy and paste that link

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks for the info but I'm referring to the strut suspesion, not the mustang 2 setup.

Reply to
Mark

"Mark" wrote

The only bad rap I've heard about the Fatman kit is that you don't really get much for the money. The only alternative, other than the Mustang II kits, is from this Aussie outfit called Revelation Racing

. But their kits start at$3000 and go to $4300. So they're not the low cost alternative by anymeans. (I only paid $2500 for my whole CAR.)

180 Out
Reply to
180 Out

I know, I'm thinking along the same lines. It's nice to have modern steering but hard to justify paying more for it then the car cost itself. I suppose if you're investing a lot in it's restoration, paint, engine, then it's a worthy upgrade.

Reply to
Mark

Flaming river makes a kit that's not too bad. You get bolt on R&P, with a new column. The rest of the front suspension is stock. I think it's still pretty pricey, but cheaper than the Total Control kit. They advetise it with a manual rack, so I'm not sure if power is available.

Reply to
boB

Mark opined in news:5zOSc.112372$8_6.94857@attbi_s04:

i'll try a different tack...

  1. I was commenting both on the strut mod v MII susp on basis of bang for the buck. and the rep of Fatman.

  1. I simply do not see what going to struts would buy you vs the upper arm relocation mod and a rack installation.

What the car is (or would be) worth is a point, what you PAID for the car has nothing to do with it....you are either serious about the car and performance or you arent. plus your ability to pay has a bearing...

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I think the strut front has a better "kingpin inclination" improving scrub radius of the wheels especially since my car is flared and needs wider than usual (deepr) wheels.

Mark

Reply to
Mark