Few 2000 GT service questions

Hi,

I had a leak in my gas tank filler pipe and it just cost me $600 to have it replaced. ($120 for the pipe and the rest for labor. Apparently you need to drop the tank to fit the pipe in). I was sort of OK with having it done quickly since gas was dripping on the hot muffler... :-(

Anyway, while I was at the dealer, obviously they wanted to do other work and I just like to know if any of it can be done in the garage. (I have basic tools but don't do much other than change the oil and belts).

  1. They told me that the throttle body was dirty and I needed fuel injectors cleaned.
  2. The manual transmission liquid needed changing.
  3. Differential fluid needs changing.

If anyone has links for the above DIY, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Mark

2000 GT 'vert black
Reply to
markg9

All that can easily be done at home with basic hand tools. Next time you're at the dealer, pick up a factory service manual.

Reply to
.boB

wipe TB with clean cloth Go to service station get injectors cleaned $70,

plugs on side, some put in 30 weight

Plug in back need a curved tube to get it all out. some put in 30 weight.

EZ stuff.

Reply to
biggus

Untrue in almost every case. If car is running ok leave the TB alone.

Only if you have at least 50K on it and more like 100K unless you are regularly racing it.

Same ans as 2.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

In no case should you use "30 weight" anywhere in your car !

The T45 uses ATF, and the rear end takes hypoid gear lube with friction modifier added.

Invest in the service lit and RTFM. At the very least a Haynes or Chilton book has all the info you need.

rd

'89 LX5.0 '02 green V6 green Bullitt on the way

Reply to
RD Jones