Flex-a-Lite Black Magic Electric Fan

Hi all- I have a 1989 GT with a Black Magic electric cooling fan. It's wired in such a way that it still runs after the ignition has been turned off. This has turned out to be a problem since it's running the battery down to nothing on warm days, when I leave it parked. Anyway, I'd like to rewired the fan so that it turns off when the ignition is turned off, however, I don't have a wiring diagram for my car. So, for those of you who've installed a Black Magic fan, where did you connect the blue wire that comes from the fan? Or, does anyone know where I can get my hands on an '89 Mustang GT wiring diagram? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
D.A. Degel

It should have a thermostat on it, mine does. If it so and you can't adjust it or it;s bad you can replace it.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

It very well may be bad, but I'd still like to rewire the fan so that it doesn't run at all with the ignition off. Thanks

Reply to
D.A. Degel

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:53:31 -0700, D.A. Degel rearranged some electrons to form:

See

for wiring diagrams.

Reply to
David M

Sounds more like the OP needs a higher temp switch, not an override.

Reply to
66 6F HCS