Ford Commercials

Is anyone as sick and tired of hearing America the beautiful played upteen different ways as I am especially the electric guitar version.

Reply to
Deputy Dog

I haven't seen (or heard) the commercials in question, but you are not disparaging Jimmy Hendrix are you?

:-)

Reply to
351CJ

Pssstt... that's "Jimi" Hendrix.... the 60s and 70s were a fantastic place to live.... leaded gas, 15 cent a glass beer, casual sex without galoshes and cars with multiple carbs sitting on showroom floors (well, in the 60s, anyway).

Any commercial featuring music from my youth is a welcome commercial...

Reply to
Jim Warman

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:06:15 GMT, "Jim Warman" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Or in my case triggers a flashback :)

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Maybe that's what happened to me too. I couldn't see the commercial through the Purple Haze.

Reply to
John
*sigh* You are so right Jim.

the 70's were great.

| > I haven't seen (or heard) the commercials in question, but you are not | > disparaging Jimmy Hendrix are you? | >

| > :-) | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Hell no, I grew up with him (his music) I jes can't take hearing it 15-20 times a day.

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Reply to
Deputy Dog

My TV comes with an optional channel changer, so I'm not stuck watching only one broadcast. I even have this thing called a "remote", so I don't even have to get up off the La-Z-Boy. Works well for me. You could probably pick one up at the local Radio Shack.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

I also have a thing called a remote, but even so I still have to listen to the first few notes before I hit the button.(to lazy to hit button) point is enough is enough.I have pic in pic so I can go btween the 2, What self respecting football fan would do without that feature if he could avoid it.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Reply to
cprice

We have a similar rule in our house. Whoever has the remote has to switch channels within 1.5 seconds of seeing CarrotTop, or they have to give up the remote.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Bitter?? No... perhaps a little too candid for some... but not bitter.

Reply to
Jim Warman

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:20:14 GMT, "Deputy Dog" wrote something wonderfully witty:

I won't admit in public what it was that I ate, put putting drops of food coloring on ice cubes and watching them melt kept my friends and I occupied for the better part of day about three decades ago.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:24:58 GMT, " snipped-for-privacy@here.com" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Lost youth? Nah, I know exactly where I left it. Problem is Peabody won't let me use the way-back machine. Even if I had it to do all over again, I doubt that I would. Happy enough in the here & now.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I remember the race in the movie American Graffitti coming right off the screen and then into the audience. Followed by a a stroll through a park that had velvet petunias and maple trees with red white and blue leaves.

60s, | >>>anyway). | >>>

| >> Or in my case triggers a flashback :) | >> -- | >>

| >> "Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather | >> than the well lived life really has distorted our sense | >> of who we are and what life is about." -- Author unkown | >

| | -- | | "Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather | than the well lived life really has distorted our sense | of who we are and what life is about." -- Author unkown

Reply to
SVTKate

Wouldn't you just love to grab that guy, shave his head and glue his mouth shut?

| >> My TV comes with an optional channel changer, so I'm not stuck watching | >> only one broadcast. I even have this thing called a "remote", so I don't | >> even have to get up off the La-Z-Boy. Works well for me. You could | >> probably pick one up at the local Radio Shack. | >>

| >> dwight | >>

| > I also have a thing called a remote, but even so I still have to listen to | > the first few notes before I hit the button.(to lazy to hit button) point | > is enough is enough.I have pic in pic so I can go btween the 2, What self | > respecting football fan would do without that feature if he could avoid | > it. | >

| > Dave | | We have a similar rule in our house. Whoever has the remote has to switch | channels within 1.5 seconds of seeing CarrotTop, or they have to give up the | remote. | | dwight | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Why do you hate America. :-)

BTW, Jimi Hendrix played The Star Spangled Banner (at Woodstock). I've never heard his rendition of America the Beautiful, but I don't watch much TV.

Reply to
rw