ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton

Threaded View
Hey guys,

What's the cylinder arrangement? #1 on the forward passenger side and
odd numbers in increasing order on that side or what?

Re: ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton
Passenger side (front to rear): 1234
Driver side (front to rear): 5678
.
Dan
2003 Cobra convertible
With some stuff and things

Re: ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton

They still number their engines wrong, but at least they got rid of the
positive ground:)

Happy New Year,

Al

Re: ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton

What year did the negative ground appear?

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

Re: ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton
Early Fords were negative ground to skirt patent royalties held by GM.  StuK

Re: ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton

I know that.  I can't remember the year they changed.  What year was it?

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

Re: ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton
'54s were 6 volt, positive ground. I've seen some '55s that were 12
volt, positive. They were all 12 volt, negative by '56, I believe.
.
Dan
2003 Cobra convertible
With some stuff and things

Re: ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton
I worked on a 55 Mercury Capri that was 6 volt negative ground.  It was
a pain in the ass to get it to start with only 6 volts and a 292 engine...

Site Timeline