ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton

Hey guys,

What's the cylinder arrangement? #1 on the forward passenger side and odd numbers in increasing order on that side or what?

Reply to
cporter

Passenger side (front to rear): 1234 Driver side (front to rear): 5678 . Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

They still number their engines wrong, but at least they got rid of the positive ground:)

Happy New Year,

Al

Reply to
Big Al

What year did the negative ground appear?

Reply to
John

Early Fords were negative ground to skirt patent royalties held by GM. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

I know that. I can't remember the year they changed. What year was it?

Reply to
John

'54s were 6 volt, positive ground. I've seen some '55s that were 12 volt, positive. They were all 12 volt, negative by '56, I believe. . Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

Reply to
John Smith