Ford Mustang commercial - cars magically change

Anyone notice the Ford commerical where there are two guys standing a shipyard dock watching his Ford Mustang get unloaded off a ship that one of the cars magically changed? It's the commercial where one guy asks if he couldn't find a suitable car and the American says that he couldn't find a speed limit he liked. Anyway, when the commerical first ran they showed the Mustang flying past a Mercedes 190E. I saw the same commercial recently and the 190E suddenly changed into a Porsche GT Carrera. Uh, I wish my Mercedes could magically turn from a $8,000 car into a $450,000 supercar.

When the camera switches to the front view of the cars as they supposedly fly down the Autobaun the Porsche suddenly looks like a Mercedes from the front. Ah, attention to detail...not!

Reply to
nathantw

On 5 Dec 2006 09:33:49 -0800, "nathantw" puked:

Still better than the ghetto ads we keep getting in S Florida...

lab~rat >:-)

What I want to know is,has anyone noticed the amount of women actually driving these cars out on the street? 9 out of 10 I see driven by women. Therefore the new Mustang has a bit of a girlie image now.

Reply to
me

Was wondering if any Mustang owners in Colorado have noticed an increase in their car insurance.

Just got my renewal on my 2003 GT convertible and it was "up" $250 for a 6 month period.

Gerry Ft Collins

Reply to
Gerry

Insurance is going up everywhere for every vehicle. Why? Because they can, that's why. BOHICA.

Reply to
.boB

Maybe that's what Ford wants. After all, in the mid-70s, Farrah Fawcett drove a Mustang II Cobra in the TV show of "Charlie's Angels".

I bet on the studio set she cringed everytime she had to crawl into that thing.

Reply to
Kruse

Yeah,a tarted-up Pinto.

Reply to
me

I owned a 71 Mustang fastback. It was no Pinto. The most dangerous machine I've ever operated. If you floored it, you had every bit of the horsepower in 1 or 2 seconds. It was like driving a rocket on wheels.

Reply to
Major Drunkdey

The 71 Mustang Fastback was in name only related to the Pinto like Mustang II's...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

The 71 Mustang was NOT a Mustang II. The Mustang II was in fact a Pinto with faked-up Mustang body styling. They managed to shoehorn a V8 into the "Cobra" model, and I honestly have no idea why Carroll Shelby didn't drive up to Detroit and choke the living shit out of whoever came up with that mockery.

The 71 was a bit overweight and by that time they'd stopped using the really good small V8 engines, in favor of a remarkably balky and somewhat low-powered 351, but it was a true Mustang nonetheless, and about the only thing that'd beat it off the line was the 71 Nova. Hehehe.

Reply to
Forge

In that case you must have had a 429 Super Cobra Jet,as nothing else produced that year could have been called a rocket. OK,where above did I say that the Pinto was anything like a 71 Mustang,or indeed any other 1st generation (64-73) Mustang,which yours is/was.? The Mustang II was the 2nd generation of Mustang,which were based on the Pinto,hence my previous comment.

The Cobra II in Charlie's Angels (which was mentioned above by Kruse) was introduced in 1976.

Reply to
me