found a 03 Gt conv. today.

Hey Guys I'm back again and this time I've found one that I'm kinda interested in but at the moment I'm really not sure about the price and the car, here's the specs tell me what you think.

2003 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Auto (really want a stick but hard to find around here in good shape) 19000.k miles Dark blue with the Tan Leather int. Alloy wheels and all options Mach stereo, pony pkg, one other question it has on the door sill SVT by ford what does that mean? asking 19,900 take probably 18,500 checked on ins today it came out to $535 for 6 months so that I can handle. still want a cobra too but INS. plus the added cost is kinda letting that go, but I might still look around and see what I can find.. opinions?
Reply to
Defiant

On the "door sill" ? Do you mean part you step over, or where the door latch is (and all the other vehicle information is given)?

Reply to
SVTKate

letting that

about selling my '03 GT Vert soon and around here (New Jersey) they go for around 17 -18K. Unless it's not a GT and it is a Cobra, then the

18-19K is about right.
Reply to
mustangjoe

On the "door sill" ? Do you mean part you step over, or where the door latch is (and all the other vehicle information is given)?

where you step over to get in the car there is a plate that has SVT on it, on the drivers side anyway. kinda confused me there hadn't seen that one before,this car is very nice. here's a link to the car.

|yes/COUNTY|/DEALER_ID|25259/DESIRED_PAGE|3/DISTANCE|/=FROM_YEAR|/HIGH_PRICE|/KEYWORDS|/LOW_PRICE|/MAKE|/MAKE_ID|/MODEL|/SORT|YE=AR/STATE|/TO_YEAR|/WHICHWAY|DESC/YEAR|/YEAR_MATCH|/ZIP_CODE| Defiant

Reply to
Defiant

Reply to
cobra boy

My best guess would be that the part is an aftermarket interior rocker panel molding that someone thought would look good. Did you know that you can go to

and get the prices on cars ... for free? All you have to do is enter the info that the dealer has given you here and it will give you a basis for comparison.

Another idea is to go ahead and sign up with Carfax.

That way when you are looking at cars you can run the vin numbers and get a peek at their "undies" so to speak. I think that you can run certain checks for free but a full report would be preferred.

Happy hunting!

Kate Oh and one more... one of the guys gave me this little goodie:

SVTKate wrote:

On the "door sill" ? Do you mean part you step over, or where the door latch is (and all the other vehicle information is given)?

where you step over to get in the car there is a plate that has SVT on it, on the drivers side anyway. kinda confused me there hadn't seen that one before,this car is very nice. here's a link to the car.

|yes/COUNTY|/DEALER_ID|25259/DESIRED_PAGE|3/DISTANCE|/FROM_YEAR|/HIGH_PRICE|/KEYWORDS|/LOW_PRICE|/MAKE|/MAKE_ID|/MODEL|/SORT|YEAR/STATE|/TO_YEAR|/WHICHWAY|DESC/YEAR|/YEAR_MATCH|/ZIP_CODE| Defiant

Reply to
SVTKate

letting that

Reply to
mustangjoe

No thanks that's one reason I'm still waiting. The other is my boss, wife, says i gotta be back at work first. lol excobra boy '97 cobra convertible deceased

Reply to
cobra boy

Reply to
mustangjoe

|yes/COUNTY|/DEALER_ID|25259/DESIRED_PAGE|3/DISTANCE|/FROM_YEAR|/HIGH_PRICE|/KEYWORDS|/LOW_PRICE|/MAKE|/MAKE_ID|/MODEL|/SORT|YEAR/STATE|/TO_YEAR|/WHICHWAY|DESC/YEAR|/YEAR_MATCH|/ZIP_CODE|>

well that is a thought, but i went back over there today and nope it's factory, i looked at it really close and according to the man that bought the car new. it was on there when he bought the car as part of a package on this car. the dealership called him and asked him i have his name and number if i want i can call him as well. as for KBB yeah I've used them in the past but they really don't reflect the true market value of anything. i got a sheet from the salesman that had the same price's and info the KBB puts out. probably from KBB. But when i checked it out further today the car is only really in market value is loan value around here, which is nearly 18 thousand for this car. i like to discuss things like this with people who don't have a interest in the money part of this deal someone who doesn't know me or the car from another point of view. i already have a car fax on it from the dealership and yes i have access to car fax through on of my car clubs. car fax tells you allot of the story but not all. this car has been well taken car of and adult driven the man just needed a bigger vehicle. Thanks Kate for the reply Defiant

Reply to
Defiant

|yes/COUNTY|/DEALER_ID|25259/DESIRED_PAGE|3/DISTANCE|/FROM_YEAR|/HIGH_PRICE|/KEYWORDS|/LOW_PRICE|/MAKE|/MAKE_ID|/MODEL|/SORT|YEAR/STATE|/TO_YEAR|/WHICHWAY|DESC/YEAR|/YEAR_MATCH|/ZIP_CODE| >>

thanks, Kate i had forgotten about that one, here is the shorter version of that long URL to the Mustang.

Defiant

Reply to
Defiant

I do hope that you find one that really makes you happy. Just for the record, when I recommended the sites, I wasn't trying to put you off or be snotty... Just hoping it might help a bit. Generally you can tell right off when I am being snotty LOL.

My knowledge of the 03's is ... well.. zip. It just seemed to me that it was strange that a non SVT vehicle would bear the logo.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top

| > well that is a thought, but i went back over there today and nope it's | > factory, i looked at it really close and according to the man that | > bought the car new. it was on there when he bought the car as part of a | > package on this car. the dealership called him and asked him i have his | > name and number if i want i can call him as well. | > as for KBB yeah I've used them in the past but they really don't reflect | > the true market value of anything. i got a sheet from the salesman that | > had the same price's and info the KBB puts out. probably from KBB. | > But when i checked it out further today the car is only really in market | > value is loan value around here, which is nearly 18 thousand for this car. | > i like to discuss things like this with people who don't have a interest | > in the money part of this deal someone who doesn't know me or the car | > from another point of view. | > i already have a car fax on it from the dealership and yes i have access | > to car fax through on of my car clubs. car fax tells you allot of the | > story but not all. this car has been well taken car of and adult driven | > the man just needed a bigger vehicle. | > Thanks Kate for the reply | > Defiant | thanks, Kate i had forgotten about that one, here is the shorter version | of that long URL to the Mustang. | | Defiant

Reply to
SVTKate