Fox Body?

I've heard some cars referred to as a fox body... what defines it as a fox body?

-brian

Reply to
DumberThanSnot

I beleive they are the years for 1982 - 1993.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

The FOX body cars are the ones built on the fox chassis that started with the 78 Fairmont. the Fox Mustangs were made from 79-93. The 94-03 are on the SN95 platform, and the 2005 will be on the s197.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

The SN95 is also an extention of the Fox platform, and is also refered to as the Fox-4.

Reply to
WraithCobra

Try 1979-1993

Reply to
CigManXFls

Well the Fox platform itself dates back to '78 on the Fairmont/Zephyr. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Correct. So, essentially, the parts are available if you wanted to take an '03 Cobra drivetrain and shove it into a '78 Fairmont. The suspension, even IRS will swap over with only minor modifications. Many parts are interchangeable.

The platform turned 26 this year... I think it's about time.

JS

Reply to
JS