Fox-Body Heater Control Question

I have an 89 LX Convertible with no heat. I suspect something between the temperature control selector and the heater blend door. Is this a mechanical switch or vacuum actuated? If it's mechanical, I would suspect the switch, cable, or a linkage along the way. If vacuum, I'd probably test to make sure vacuum was getting supplied to the right place. And yes, I have considered the thermostat and or hoses, but they were all replaced last spring. Could this be a water pump problem? If so, would it be the only symptom?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Reply to
Jim C

the wire has slipped off the end of the control wire, passenger side up behind the radio some.

It is a control wire, with several wraps at the end of it that goes around about 1/10 inch wire that controles the flap inside the air box. It used to have a nut cap on it to keep the control wraps on it, but it may be gone. So just put the wraps back on the control (thick) wire and it should be good for a few months.

1989 5.0 and 1993 8# 5.0
Reply to
bob