Friday the 13th

It's Friday the 13th of February 2004..... Everyone be sure and keep the greasy side down and the shiney side up!!!!!!

Remember, you may be the world's best driver, but the other guy isn't! V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers
Reply to
V'ger

Happy Friday the 13th to all, from your friendly local (or maybe not so local) Jason.

Reply to
Jason

at 13 Feb 2004, V'ger [ snipped-for-privacy@snowcrest.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Too late. Went to the vet this morning and some small import (looked like a nissan sedan or the likes) had wrapped themselves around a telephone pole. My Gawd, the entire front end was in pieces scattered around a 50' circle with the engine sitten about 3 foot beside the car. This is a 35MPH road, they must have gone way faster.

Luckily it wasn't me. Could have been involved if I'd been 30 minutes earlier as I planned. *phew*

Reply to
Paul

Fate can be a scary thing...

I bought my 03 GT last spring. I enjoyed playing with the power whenever the opportunity presented itself. Except for this one day in July...

I was on my way to the golf course on a weekday for a 1:30 tee time, but I got delayed at the office by our retired CFO. He wanted to talk about the new stang, so how could I refuse.

Anyhow, by the time I finally got gowing I was running 5 or 10 minutes late, but I had the top down and it was a beautiful day and I thought I'd just enjoy the drive and stay out of trouble. I obeyed each posted speed limit and a ricer and a modded Chevy pickup toy with me then zoom on their way.

I was only a few minutes away from the course when I drive upto what looked like a war zone. There where 9 cars that were crumpled, a full size van that was torn open like a tin can, and a tandem dump truck laying on top of a mass of junk that I later found out was a compact car. As it turned out, the truck had just driven over all of these vehicles, literally moments before I arrived. There were a few cars in front of me and police began to arrive on the scene before I could begin to piece together what had happend.

News reports later tha night told a tragic story of a young mother who was in the compact car under the truck. She was alive when paramedics arrived on the scene, but succumbed to her injuries soon after. I considered myself fortunate for not knowing those details while I was there. Police routed us all around the accident and I was again on my way to the golf course.

I didn't realize how shaken I was by this tragic event until I realized that any number of events could have modified the outcome of my day, just as easily as they had for that poor young lady. Had I not stayed a few minutes to talk to my old boss, or had I rushed to get to the course, or had I played with either the ricer or the truck "just for fun" I could have been in that line up of cars!

I somehow felt that I had kind of cheated death that day.

Reply to
Kenny

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday; )
Reply to
V'ger

Reply to
Erik D.
** Sometimes both.... Ask me if I bust the speed limit... a resounding ** "yes".... but I am damn careful about it, and I have had both years of ** experience and specialized training.

Same here on the training; even then, it's a crapshoot on a public street where you're mingling with other drivers who are incompetant and/or inexperienced. Some are intoxicated, others are driving cars with faulty equipment that will somehow wind up in front of you, turning a nice day into a terrifying, ass-puckering experience.

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

LOLOLOL... sorry.. "ass puckering" is just too funny.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

OMG!!! Is there grease under my car???? Someone get me a power washer... QUICK!

Reply to
SVTKate

Yes, you do....squeezed right between the brake line and the undercarriage.

We KNOW this in the same way we know what size your television is so we can fit the moviee to fit YOU screen, and we KNOW how much time you have available to watch so we can COMPRESS or EXPAND the movie to fit YOUR available time.

And the w>OMG!!!

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger