FS 1967 Mustang Coupe Reduced price

FOR SALE:

1967 Mustang Coupe

was $10,000.00 now $7,000.00

Transmission: Automatic Doors: 2 Engine: 8- Cy. (289 cu. in.) Interior: Black Warranty: No Year: 1967 Title: Clear Exterior: Pale Yellow (as on this page) Condition: Used Inspection: Currently inspected and registered.

Interior seats needs work, headliner and muffler needs to be replaced, small dent on hood, and some rest on the underside ...other than that its a good little car. Within the past thirty days have replaced points, and condenser, and thermostat and rebuilt the carbonator A year ago we put new plugs, plug wires, and put new tires on it, all new hoses, gas tank, and has a new fuel and water pump. The car has been buffed out and a clear top coat, to make it shine.

Pictures are located at

We are located in Carrollton Texas, if you would like to see the car. Please email

Reply to
Joy

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:32:37 GMT, "Joy" puked:

A lot of work for that much money...

lab~rat

We have put over 5000.00 in it ourselves, new gas tank, new carburetor, tires, brake pads, battery all new hoses. New radio, plus much more and it is a classic...and drivable. We will keep the car first before we go down on the price again. Thank you, have a great day! Joy

Reply to
Joy

Sounds as if you paid to have the work done if that is all that has been done for 5K. No offense, but if you learned to turn a wrench or to you would find your expense goes down and your enjoyment goes up. A 67 is very easy to wrench on and all the things you mentioned can be done in a home garage.

Says the guy with a frame-off `72 Corvette still sitting in the garage in boxes & coffee cans. :) -- But one day!

Reply to
ZombyWoof

lol Dallas Mustang did most of the work.....and I forgot to mention it has a new battery panel and back panel and it has a new rear bumper.and buffed out and another clear coat on it

I cant even change the battery in my flashlight . Me working on that car is out of the question. I'm the person that only knows that I put gas in it and it goes. OH I did put windshield blades on it. heheheheh

Joy

Reply to
Joy

Your Daddy/Husband/Boy Toy has done you a disservice. Some of the things you listed you could have done yourself without much issue.

I hope you at least know how to check your oil, fluid levels & tire pressure along with change a flat.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

So, can you build a deck? Rewire a house? Assemble a high end computer from scratch? Hit the bullseye 8 ot of 10 times at 200yds? Manage a stock portfolio at better than the going interest rate?

Not everyone can do everything, even the easier parts. I suggest you get down off your high horse and offer some constructive comments, instead.

Reply to
Brian Bunin

"Brian Bunin" wrote

Comparing an oil change or changing a flat tire to managing a stock portfolio and scratchbuilding a 'puter is insanely ridiculous. If you can turn a bolt with a wrench you can do both of those things on a car. Implying an "education" or any skill is required for either is simply asinine!

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Yes

Yes

Daily

With a pistol, rifle or sling-shot & rock?

Seesh just about anyone can manage a portfolio at better then the going back interest rates. Seesh again.

They were constructive dumbass.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:50:43 GMT, bb snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Brian Bunin) puked:

But of course, you are seeing the reason that there are so many overpriced classic cars.

This month's Hemmings Muscle Machines had an auction report where less than 25% of the cars met their reserve. I'm hoping it means the bubble burst on the old car market, because I buy for fun, not investment.

You have to have more dollars than sense to own an older car and no tools...

The car in question should bring around $3,600 at best in my opinion. Any other opinions?

lab~rat

I didn't see the original post so I don't know what they were asking for the car. Around here (Connecticut), a 65-68 w/v8 in decent shape can be found for about $5-6k. In showroom condition, it's more like $15-20k. Something more rare like a Shelby or original FE car or something with very low verifiable miles is obviously a lot more.

I know what you mean about the prices. I can't believe some of the prices I see on ebay and whatnot for rather ratty unrestored cars. PT Barnum is right. You get a lot of dot.commers with a fat check from selling off stock options that will pay practically anything for a classic Mustang so you wind up with this temporary price bubble which seems to be slowly deflating. Playing the classic car game is a no-win situation unless you do your own work or have enough disposable income to just sit on the cars until you can sell it when you damn well please. 8-)

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:07:04 -0500, Ritz puked:

Here's the original post:

[...]

====

I looked at a 68 coupe parked in a service station yesterday. They were asking $2500. It ran, 289, but there were piles of rust dust where it was sitting. The interior was complete but worn. It had all the parts but the front bumper.

I imagine it would be worth it to someone, but not me. I'm done chasing rust...

lab~rat

Let's just say that I think their sale price is a bit "optimistic"...by a factor of 2. I don't begrudge any collector/enthusiast whatever they can get for their car/gear, but I don't see an informed buyer paying anything close to $7k for that car in that condition.

I agree about chasing rust. It USED to be fun, but now I'd much rather just start with something that's clean (no rust). Replacing floors, torque boxes, frame rails, etc....That's definitely a young man's game and hardly seems worth the effort when so many clean cars are around. 8-)

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

How can you comment on a cars worth if you havent even seen it? or driven it??? and ya know guys, the ladies love and classic car.....lol...it might be well worth your money just for that factor...lol

Reply to
Joy

A great many people know exactly what the market will bear for all sorts of cars if they are given an adaquate description of the vehicle. It gets even easier when the asking price is 2X the current market price.

Reply to
Zombywoof

you think Just because I'm a woman that I don't know anything about the value of this car......give me some credit...I will keep it myself, before I sell this car for asking price.... longer I have it more it will be worth. Even the mustang shop agreed with me.....

Have a good day

registered.

Reply to
Joy

Actually gender has nothing to do with it. I know way more guys who have to much sunk into classic cars then women. I'm quite sure the Mustang shop did tell you that. Especially if they can get you to bring it in for more & more repairs.

I sincerely think you should fix the interior and muffler if you expect to get 7k. Most definitely the muffler screams "I've never ever cared about/for this car. I would never ever put a car up for sale that needed a muffler.

Do get all freaky deaky just because people are having a conversation. This isn't the greatest forum to get top dollar for a sale anyway.

Reply to
Zombywoof

That the longer you have it the more it will be worth, true, provided it's condition doesn't go down.

You were initially asking 10 grand for a car with pretty pictures of the outside and then admited "rest" (rust,obviously) underneath and interior (headliner none the less) and muffler issues. You have no pictures of these trouble spots.

I've seen LOTS of pretty old fords that looked like shit when I crawled under them. Each owner was asking top dollar for their pretty mustang. (and none of them needed a headliner, which is, as I recall, a big job that requires removing front and rear glass.

I've crawled under these pretty mustangs to find rust holes in a the floor patched by taring a piece of sheet metal over them under the carpet. Frame rail rot that meant tearing the whole car down to replace the rail. Torque boxes that were all but gone. The list goes on with the horrors I've found under 'pretty' unit body fords.

This has nothing to do with you being a woman, but what you have presented to us and the price you are asking for it. I'd never buy a car online that someone admits to rust on the underside, I've seen owners represent their cars as top quality and have serious rust issues underneath. What is nothing of concern to most people on the underside of a car is of big concern to people who know what they are looking at.

Reply to
Brent P

Hells bells you should see some of the rust bucket Vettes that I have looked at. Real easy to have a pretty body on those, but woo-daddy not a pretty under-belly.

She should really at least get the muffler fixed. At least someone who doesn't know any better won't hear the muffler problem right off the bat. There is also a cheap way to do the headliner without removing the glass. It don't last, but is a real quick & cheap fix in order to make a sale.

Reply to
Zombywoof

How can a plastic car be a rust bucket?

Reply to