FS: 1969 Mach 1 351W chromed engine, 82K original miles CHERRY

i have all the details posted on my video tape collection site.... i have put a link to that particular page of my site below here:

$22,000 firm (tried to get more on ebay -- 2700 lookers but no takers)

located in Northern VIRGINIA. i rarely drive it, just stupid for me to own it... THIS IS NOT A FIXER UPPER! this car is loaded!

Blue neon lights in engine compartment, in interior, in trunk.. glows blue.. plus has strobe lights inside and under the body!-- dont worry -- all the lighting and wiring can easily be removed if its not your taste --but the kids love it.

STEREO upgrades: 10 disk CD player in trunk, 880Watt sony explode amp, Bazooka sub (all located in trunk and nicely hidden!)

I am the 3rd owner.

NO RUST...

CHERRY hot rod! PLUS you get all original equipment that i removed from it to Jazz it up.. including a orginal 351W engine that needs a minor repair, extra bumpers, original AM radio, original steel wheels, and so much more!!!

I wont say anymore but will let the site speak for itslef.

If you want a WAD of pictures.. email me and i can send them over to you.

Reply to
hockeyetc

ummm... if if don't go... chrome it??

then the price was too high. doh!

[...]

SVTKate

Hmmm well first, it's a 351W car, not a 428SCJ.

Customization done by previous owner. Easily removed generally means living with holes and damage to many stock parts to anyone who has read for sale ads and gone to see the cars. Like all the 'no rust' cars I've seen with holes in the floor, frame rails, and torque boxs. Sure no rust they could see... People get cynical after awhile.

This means to me that metal in the trunk was cut,drilled and altered. More for the next owner to set right if he doesn't share your idea of what is nice.

Signs of even more hacking to set right.

The problem is mods like many of the ones you've done work *AGAINST* the value of the car, not for it. And you're asking top dollar for a 351W 2bbl car. Also, you don't give vital info, like the vin and body tag info.

Basically it's pretty clear who ever buys this car has alot to set straight or modify to his own tastes. $22K can buy a nice, restored to stock 351 mach1 without worrying about damage due to various modifications, non orginal engine, etc and so forth.

Basically, I would pass on this car, the asking price is way higher than my offer would be so it wouldn't be worth the time to investigate. Especially take the risk buying sight unseen. My guess is others feel similiarly.

And I don't what shows it would be an 'instant winner' in, but certainly none of the kind Bill S was/is a judge for. (least I recall him doing that)

Reply to
Brent P

Well, IMHO, you probably did not get any "takers" because you are asking top dollar for a car in *original* condition - which your vehicle is obviously not. You will quickly realize that not everyone shares your taste in modifications - these mods typically *lower* the value of the vehicle. I would suggest lowering the price or returning the car to original if you want to try to get the $22K price.

Reply to
Grover C. McCoury III

Way Way overpriced!

Grover C. McCoury III wrote:

Reply to
Merc

It leans too much towards a restomod that's been riced up, and too far away from a strict numbers matching restoration that would draw the price you want. Now it's got all those holes in it where you've hung the bling bling. The "minor engine repair" scares the hell out of me when there's no further explanation. Sight unseen, that takes $5000 off right there. I'm looking for a '69 mach 1 at present and your price is out of line.

Reply to
John

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:26:57 GMT, "SVTKate" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well I followed the advice on his website "but take it from me GET A CAR the WAY you want it.. " I don't need to pay 22K for a pimpmobile and then begin to strip all that crap he added on off. Most that blue light crap is illegal for on the road anyway.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:17:07 GMT, "hockeyetc" wrote something wonderfully witty:

What makes you think that a "kid" has 22K laying around to buy this heap?

Your right it did. It screamed PimpMobile ;loud & clear.

Gotta a big haired Ho to go with it?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 04:00:31 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Brent P) wrote something wonderfully witty:

The kind that they have over at the Local A&W stand. Doubt he would win though. No hydraulics to go with the bling-bling, it blinks but doesn't bounce. What a waste of good iron. Shame he decided to crap it all up.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

"ZombyWoof" wrote

bwoop bwoop, that ass too fat!

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Given current mach 1 values, if it's a real mach, and it isn't as bad as it could be (ie no need to replace vital sheet metal that has been hacked for the pimp job), and since it comes with all the original stuff that was removed, if the paint/body looks good in person, and it's clean underneath like a texas car should be, then I would consider it at ~$10K. It could then be fixed into a nice driver and not loose money on it.

Of course it isn't as bad as that pimped BOSS 302 from awhile back.

Reply to
Brent P

Your link is not of much use...

Locked The requested resource is currently locked. The lock must be released or proper identification given before the method can be applied.

Reply to
351CJ

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:00:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Brent P) wrote something wonderfully witty:

Agreed 10K would be a much more reasonable price.

Got me on that one. What a POS that was. If I had the money I would have bought it and burned it in front of the guy.

Reply to
ZombyWoof