FS: 1986 Mercury Capri 5.0L V8 Fox Bodystyle $ 1,000 Offer

Need to make room in my Garage and my teenager is getting close to driving age to much power for a teenager.

Installed Sub Frame Connectors Air Condition works

140 MPH Speedometer Good Tires Vehicle does need some work but is driveable. Have Repair Manual

Asking $ 1,000 / offer May consider Trades Vehicle Located in Phoenix AZ area

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

Gary

Reply to
Gary J Bevans

That's a great buy!

I wholly agree that ANY V8 is too much power for ANY 16 year old. I know! I was one myself! I also STRONGLY feel that children do NOT to be driving a age 15 1/2.

The minimum ages to get a DL ought to be 18! That 2 1/2 year difference is HUGE in children's emotional development!

It is very refreshing to see a RESPONSIBLE parent! Thumbs up to you Gary!

Reply to
Katmandu

I started with a 300 2bbl V8 Skylark. It had very little power to begin with, and it was mounted to a 2 spd powerglide.

I still managed to find a way to spin it out. There are very many 6 cylinders out there that would destroy that 66 Skylark that I had. I think the amount of power is one thing, but there is also an inherent responsibility factor that comes down to it too. Luckily I didn't get it a wreck when I spun it out, but I'm sure there are many low-speed accidents that occur too.

Steve Something up my sleeve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

I agree, Kids (mst, not all) and horsepower, do not mix.

Looks like a good deal. If I had an extra grand laying it around...

nah, maybe not... I would buy mods for Shug.

Kate

| > Installed Sub Frame Connectors | > Air Condition works | > 140 MPH Speedometer | > Good Tires | > Vehicle does need some work but is driveable. | > Have Repair Manual | >

| > Asking $ 1,000 / offer May consider Trades | > Vehicle Located in Phoenix AZ area | >

| > snipped-for-privacy@cox.net | >

| > Gary | >

| |

Reply to