Fuel line repair

I managed to put a nice kink in my fuel supply line on my 93 today whilst installing a new Cat back (Steeda Ultraflow). I tried to bend the tube back, it snapped. How can I repair this? I was thinking of double flaring it and putting in a union alá brake lines. Would a better solution be to clamp some high pressure fuel line over each end with some hose clamps?

Any suggestions would be most helpful, Thanks!

Reply to
Jim S.

You should flare and union like a brake line. You might even have cut out a piece out and use two unions. For fuel lines I generally only single flare. Brake lines have more than 1,000 psi, and fuel lines are only 50 psi. Single flares have never leaked on me.

Reply to
.boB

pressure side or return side ?

Reply to
Randy

For steel line, a compression union should be more than adequate - simpler to install, no flaring required and (properly installed) will be leak free and be able to handle any pressures the fuel system can dish out. Ditto for plastic line.... with the addition of brass inserts to keep the line from collapsing..... these inserts should be available anywhere air brake fittings are sold.

Jim Warman