Funny news about $100,000 speeding fine

I've heard this before. Scandanavian countries that levy fines based on income. Some rich person gets fined $100g's for speeding. But, how many people who chuckle at this in the U.S. and say "Gee, thank God my last 25mph over speeding ticket only cost me $300. Trouble is, it doesn't. In urban areas, speeding fines, a single fine can raise your insurance by 200-300%. So, if you pay $1500/year insurance, you are fined, you insurance skyrockets to $3000 and you get to pay that for about three years, depending on where you live. So, that paltry $300 fine is actually $4800 and you aren't even rich. So much for the poor Scandanavians....

-0Rich

Reply to
Richard

That's what attorneys are for. Sure, you pay an extra 100 bucks on top of the fine, but you take your pick...unless of course you live in LA or Virginia. Then you're just screwed I guess.

- Nick

Reply to
Nick D.

I dont know what insurance company you have but mine does not raise rates for a single speeding ticket and if it did I would find a different company.

Richard wrote:

Reply to
steve