g-force tires?

Hello all,

My boss and I were talking and he mentioned that he was looking at purchasing some g-Force tires by BFGoodrich...He has an el camino SS that has over 400hp...he said that he has really bad traction with his current tires and wanted to know if the g-Force tires were any good.

Thanks!

Shane

Reply to
Shane Metzler

I've been doing the same research lately. Seems like the KDW's are some of the best tires around for dry traction, with a slight nod towards wet traction. KDWS's lean more towards water, and KD's more towards dry. I think I'll put KD's on mine. Finding an actual tire comparison is tough. It's either the biggest secret, or the biggest mystery.

Reply to
boB

I have the BFG g-Force KDWS in 245x45 17. I like them a lot. Two gripes though; they seem to be wearing out rather quickly, and they are on the noisy side. However, neither of those two complaints have moved me away from them. I plan on a new set come late October or snow.

Jim S. '82 Mutant

Reply to
Jim S.

Our old Bill S. gave the G-forces high praises about a year or so ago. I stuck the KDWS 275/17/40 all around and I'd say traction improved about

50% over the stock Goodyears from my 2000 GT
Reply to
Gill

I went with the KDWS for an all weather all around good tire for a daily driver. I was running the Comp T/As with my 5.7L GTA and they beat the Goodyears all to heck.

BFG has apparently discontinued the Comp T/A and replaced it with the gForce T/A KD/KDWS.... though I am not certain of that.

I went with the 225/50Z16 and the question is going to be the wear factor. The soft compound of the Z tires caused me to replace the Goodyears every 6 to 10 months... and without pushing them. I could run my hand over the tread and rub the rubber off. The BFG Comp T/As held up a lot better, and I am hoping these do the same. If not, it's back to the drawing board.

Noise was not a problem with the Comps. I d>Hello all,

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

my initial response would be - he'll love em

but if hes looking for great drag race-type launch traction on a 400hp machine i would think hell need to run drag radials or et streets

i have been running the g-force kd for about 15k on my daily driver 03/04 cobra. i will def buy again. excellent grip. and they are great even in the wet

peace

Reply to
Christopher Shea

I have the 225/55ZR16 KDWS for my 93 GT and have had no problems so far..now I only had them for a week...Plus they were pretty good priced (around 115 a piece installed)

Reply to
Retro10